Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2001, 02:03 AM   #1
willsii

Lightbulb Commission Junction stats not updating?

My Commission Junction stats have not updated in about 3 days, and my account has actually dropped $1. I referred my friend to CJ and he has exactley the same amount in his account.
Is there a problem with the CJ stats?
Thanks,
Joe
willsii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 02:38 AM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

It seems to be working as per usual for me. There could be a delay in reporting the leads from the particular merchants who you have been using.

If the delay lasts any longer, though, you might want to post a message to CJ's forums, or drop them an email to request clarification.

------------------
Czar
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 02:50 AM   #3
WildComputer

Unhappy

I am seeing a delay on the affiliate reporting side. It looks like a day behind or so, but I have recorded impressions, clicks, leads, etc. this month. I think you'll probably see it update soon

The merchant reporting side seems up to date.

------------------[*]Create Your Own High Profit E-Books[*]Drive thousands of visitors to your web site cheap'n'easy[*]Affiliate Programs reviewed
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 07:21 AM   #4
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

I was just checking my CJ stats for this month so far, and this may be a bit of a dumb question, but I can't find the answer in CJ's stupid help system, so I'll ask here. (Instead of that ugly, confusing help system, a simple FAQ page would be soooo much better.)

Anyways, is there any way to know how often a per-lead program's leads are updated? Are they all updated daily?

The reason I ask is, so far this month for Jackpot.com I have:
Imps: 20,000
Hits: 56
Leads: 1
Therefore, CPM: $0.03

If the leads are up-to-date, I want to pull this ad right now!! http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif I emailed CJ tech support with this question a few days ago but obviously received no reply ...

------------------
Darren Hewer
webmaster, www.dosgames.com & www.potofgold.org
dosgames.com is back! Visit for over 200 freeware/shareware DOS games.
"Some people have a way with words, while others ... uhhhhh ... thingy."
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 07:49 AM   #5
WildComputer

Unhappy

CJ gets the info from the merchant live, or in batches, depending on the merchant's integration.

However from what I understand this is logged one place, I guess some kind of transaction log, one each of clicks, leads, sales, which are then later transformed into the stats you see.

What I also understand is that clicks/leads/sales are updated independently, so one may be more delayed than the other.

------------------[*]Create Your Own High Profit E-Books[*]Drive thousands of visitors to your web site cheap'n'easy[*]Affiliate Programs reviewed
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 07:57 AM   #6
JP Sauve
Member.

Unhappy

Has CJ let go of some staff or something lately? I've sent them
2 tech support emails in the past 3 days without a response.

It's a little frustrating that they've upped the cost to become a CJ
merchant but are offering worse services. Their new merchant
set up process is extremely automated and impersonal.

------------------
JP Sauve
Prize-O-Matic.com - Webmasters earn cash from FREE contest sign ups.
JP Sauve is offline   Reply With Quote