Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2001, 05:22 AM   #1
Robert from SI
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy New SI program is open...Thanks GeekTalk beat testers!

ClickThruTraffic.com is our new program.

Many thanks to the members of GeekTalk that helped test the program.

We have already implemented many of their suggestions and we are doing some additional programming to incorporate other suggestions.

Again, thank you.
Robert from SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 05:33 AM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Thumbs up

Yeehah!

Now I can finally put that referral link to good use by reviewing the new program on Net-Ads...and we can all stop holding our tongues. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/wink.gif

All those who didn't make the beta test, be sure to check this program out. It provides great support for text-based search links, alternative-sized banner space and default campaigns.

------------------
Czar
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 05:34 AM   #3
WildComputer

Unhappy

Very cool, congratulations.
Goodluck + continued success

------------------[*]Create Your Own High Profit E-Books[*]Drive thousands of visitors to your web site cheap'n'easy[*]Affiliate Programs reviewed
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 06:09 AM   #4
Robert from SI

Unhappy

I just noticed the topic I typed in says "GeekTalk beat testers" http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

I'd also like to thank the GeekTalk beet testers as well and all other testers of root vegetables in general. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

Thanks for the nice words, good luck if you decide to try the program. You will get the best results is you target the traffic as best as possible.

You can dump clicks at it, there are no traffic leaks, ads, or popups. If the surfer doesn't make you money he should return right back to your page. But the way to maximize the returns form this program is to target the traffic as much as possible.
Old 03-28-2001, 06:13 AM   #5
malis

Unhappy

Very exciting to see SI's new program. I do have a question though. I noticed in the terms:

"You may not open other browser windows in front of or behind the window in which our page appears. When the surfer is viewing our page there may not be any other browser windows in front of or behind our page which were generated by your site."

But you say that you can use the program with popuptraffic. My question is: If I have pop-behinds on my site, there will be a browser window behind the main page where your page will show up (that had popped behind when the user first visited my site). Is this a violation of your TOS?

Thanks, and I wish you the best of luck with the new program.

Rick
http://www.webtowns.org/Webmaster_Re...ment_Services/
Ad services, listed, rated, and reviewed!
malis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 06:17 AM   #6
Robert from SI

Unhappy

You can always use SI's programs together. The only thing from SI you would need to supress is the AllClicks exit.

There are a proliferation of PopUpXXXXXXX programs that are spawning up to 6 other windows.

We simply can't be part of that.
Old 03-28-2001, 06:50 AM   #7
malis

Unhappy

Robert,

Thanks for the quick response. I was more specifically asking if I am using a pop-behind program from another agency (fastclick).

Rick
http://www.webtowns.org/Webmaster_Re...ment_Services/
Ad services - listed, rated, reviewed!
malis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 07:11 AM   #8
Toon

Unhappy

Seems like a very interesting program.

And so I wanted to take a further look into it, and I wanted to sign up. However I first read the Terms and it states a long list of countries that aren't allowed.

To my biggest surprise Belgium was on that list.

Curious as I am, I checked out our neighbours, France, Luxembourg & Germany, all countries who have the same standards of living, kinda same education level & infrastructure.

To an even bigger surprise I noticed those countries are allowed.

Can you explain why Belgian webmasters have lost your faith? On what is this based? I think this is a very interesting thing...

Looking forward to hear more

[This message has been edited by Toon (edited 03-28-2001).]
Toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 07:13 AM   #9
Creative Reality

Unhappy

Robert, I'm curious.

Does this new program allow OnMouseOver masking of the clickthru URL?

So instead of clickthrutraffic.com/scripts/click.php being displayed in the status bar it says something like "Make money online", the same text as the link.
Creative Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 07:28 AM   #10
joma

Unhappy

Anybody point me to a site using Chickthrutraffic?

I can find banners/logos in their FAQ section, but I want to see what the results page looks like. Is it based on the same group of PPC engines that SearchTraffic uses?
joma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 07:29 AM   #11
joma

Talking

Oops... Clickthrutraffic
joma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 07:49 AM   #12
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

Joma, I've got one of their buttons on the lower right-hand corner of the All-4-Free Freebie Tree (Free Stuff), and one of their text links on the bottom of the Net-Ads index page (Business Opportunities).

Basicly, all of their links take you to a TurboFind page that shows high-bidded search results for several terms related to the topic of interest.

------------------
Czar
[This message has been edited by Czar (edited 03-28-2001).]
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 07:50 AM   #13
Robert from SI

Unhappy

Joma,

This link will send you to a sample of the results page.
http://clickthrutraffic.com/scripts/...ermike&si=free
(also you'll notice that if the surfer refines his search using the links on the side of the page that your affiliate ID follows the click thru)

We also will be adding (at our beta testers suggestion) an empty search box that will pay a flat rate to the affilaite if the surfer wishes to do a completely different search.

CreativeReality,
You can use a mouseover and you are free to send traffic to the program any way you like. Again, your best CTR's will come by highly targetting your traffic. We think that the individual webmasters best know how to do that. Thats why we're letting you send traffic from buttons, banners, or text links.

[This message has been edited by Robert from SI (edited 03-28-2001).]
Old 03-28-2001, 07:51 AM   #14
Creative Reality

Unhappy

http://www.atpictures.com/claire/

Text links in the right hand sidebar.
Old 03-28-2001, 07:57 AM   #15
Creative Reality

Unhappy

Thanks Robert.

I will experiement with a few different link types based on visitor response. I enjoy the varied targeting capabilities that ClickThruTraffic offers.

Can we create our own text links or does each one have to be verified by SI?