Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-1999, 12:34 AM   #1
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Arrow ADMIN ANNOUNCEMENT: Happy Holidays. Free content for your site.

Hello Members and Visitors,

Happy Holidays http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

In this spirit, Iíve created a fast loading "Flash" entry page which is yours for the asking and will link to any page on your site that you want. You can view and listen (turn your speakers on) to this pulsating monster with a Flash enabled browser at www.publishedperfection.com/students/flash-gear-entry-page.htm

If you want this for your site please e-mail me at webmaster@very-cool-stuff.com and in the subject field enter "I want the beat" Please tell me the exact URL you want the button to open and weather this link will spawn a new window or a normal link. Also tell me where you want the .zip sent. The zip will contain an .html file and an .swf file. FTP (Binary transfer) the .swf file to the appropriate directory on your server and then change the code in the .html file in two places. Change param name="SRC" value="/flash_data/gear-ss-2.swf and embed src="/flash_data/gear-ss-2.swf to point to the path and file name on your server and make any other modifications you wish. If you get stuck just look at the "source" on my page to see how this is done. The .html file is an ASCII transfer to your server.

No strings, links, or credits required. Nada http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/biggrin.gif Just use it and have fun. Please remember I have to compile each request with your link so it may take me a few days to complete your request. Your page will look and sound just like mine. First come first served. To the best of my knowledge all the art and music is public domain. Naturally, you use this at your own risk with no warranties expressed or implied. In case you are concerned, I don't retain, sell or use your e-mail address or any other data you send me.

Enjoy!

------------------
Best Regards,
Steve_S
Your Administrator
www.very-cool-stuff.com Tons of High Quality Free Stuff
www.coolgroup.com Multi-Media Postcards & Community

Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote