Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2001, 10:59 AM   #1
hobbnet

Unhappy Search Fuel Results

Have many people switched over to SearchFuel after what has recently happened in the SI program?

I have and I am seeing great results. About 14% of my users so far are using the search boxes. I am using text links right below the search box which is most definitely raising my CTR. But for 700 uniques yesterday I made $5 (which on average turns into 2,100 pagviews). Pretty good CPM I'd have to say.
hobbnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 12:09 PM   #2
Kaycee

Unhappy

I'm using the plain HTML box with no pre-entered terms, or text links, and seeing very good results.

If I see a check next month to match the great looking stats, Long live SearchFuel.

Maybe I'll even put a few pennies in Sprinks to see a few of my own sites showing up in the Search results, and to help the program to continue. Who knows.

Just playing by ear. Almost always, when you find a program you think is it, they change things the next day. Be prepared for change, and do what is needed to feed yourself.

Always remember your worth as a Webmaster. You're in demand, and they're nothing without you.
Kaycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 01:13 PM   #3
Saver1

Unhappy

I was using SI for months but went to search fuel after they changed the rules. I was making 5 bucks a day from SI and about a dollar after they changed now im using search fuel and making 10 bucks a day with text links, i didn't pre enter any words in the box.

Im using the same words as text links that i used to pre fill in SI's box and my traffic is the same i think SI has a bad search results page filled with ads and that's why i can do so much better with search fuel.

You don't have to use the two search boxes search fuel gives you i made my on and they gave me the ok to use them http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
Saver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 05:36 AM   #4
a1022

Question

But isn't SearchFuel also a second page click?
a1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 06:26 AM   #5
demae

Unhappy

Yes, SearchFuel is second page click through. They are more flexible than SearchTraffic in their rules, however:

- can open search results in new window
- can customize look of new window
- can open search results in a frame

They pay 5 cents for any second page clickthrough, however their search results only return bidded listings.

If there are no bidded listings, it'll show something like this:

Quote:
Forget "Mamotte Shugogetten" why don't you try to win over$11 MILLION

Play - FreeLotto now where you can win over$11,000,000.00 every day. Maye you could be the next big winner! Go ahead and play now - it's absolutely FREE (Bay9)
I wonder how easy it is to get a second page clickthrough. Judging by the results of hobbnet, Kaycee and Saver1, it might not be as hard as we think... Comments?
demae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 06:27 AM   #6
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

a1022, SearchFuel do pay for only second-page clicks, yes. They do allow greater flexibility in both linking techniques and the customization of results pages, though, which explains why some publishers are seeing better results through this system

------------------
Czar
Net-Ads - Webmaster Resource Center
iOnline Network
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 06:51 AM   #7
a1022

Thumbs up

Hmm.. I should give them a try then. I am currently fooling around with AdSearches. They pay no matter if your user clicks on the results or not. So far so good with this company. Anyone else had good experiences with it?

What IS the best out there now? AdSearches or SearchFuel?
Old 03-13-2001, 07:15 AM   #8
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

I am personally a big fan of AdSearches, for their attractive searchboxes, ease of use and first-click payment scheme.

More creative users may prefer SearchFuel for the ability to customize the appearance of the search results. To be sure, the AdSearches results page is very ugly, and does spawn popups, so SearchFuel and SearchTraffic may be better in this regard.

------------------
Czar
iOnline Network
Old 03-13-2001, 07:52 AM   #9
cybmike

Unhappy

I just joined searchfuel so I have some questions. I wisht hey had more examples of searchboxes since I dont know how to make my own. Can someone show me some examples with customizable search links around a searchbox? I will be using this on a Britney Spears site so any suggestions would be helpfull http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

Oh and Hi everyone. Been reading the forums for the past 2-3 weeks http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
cybmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 09:08 AM   #10
a1022

Question

Does searchfuel have a webmaster referal program??

cybmike: Just do a view source on the page you like and see how others are doing it.
Old 03-13-2001, 09:24 AM   #11
a1022

Question

How do I sign up if I don't have a TAX ID# or SSN because I'm Canadian? The form won't go through without a number... http://geekvillage.com/ubb/frown.gif
Old 03-13-2001, 10:28 AM   #12
Czar

Webmaster

Smile

Welcome to the talking ranks of Geek/Talk cybmike. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

Are you cybermike from SICtalk?

------------------
Czar
iOnline Network
Old 03-13-2001, 10:40 AM   #13
tradermcduck

Unhappy

@ a1022

Just fill in something like "123456789" - it worked for me...
tradermcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 10:43 AM   #14
a1022

Exclamation

trader: The only problem with that is when it is time for them to pay. If they see that they might not pay so I am going to e-mail them first to be safe. It seems like a lot of us webmasters are being had these days.
Old 03-13-2001, 12:54 PM   #15
cybmike

Unhappy

Yeah thats me http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

Are there any limits to searchfuel since they don't have a long term section. Can they be used on any type of site with any type of links?

Too bad they don't have a forum for discussion

cybmike is offline   Reply With Quote