Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2001, 05:22 AM   #1
carven

Unhappy Unicast , any experience?

I got the readiness form and other related documents from this company, but it charges me 12,000 bucks to be accepted as a certificated partner.

12,000 bucks is kind of lots of money to webmasters, like me, so I wanna ask if any one here got some experience with unicast? How do your guys feel? Is it worth to pay 12,000 bucks to join them?

Czar, you got some information about this company?

Thanx!

------------------
Launching soon..

http://www.master365.com

where Web developers are learning.

[This message has been edited by carven (edited 03-07-2001).]
carven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 05:38 AM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

I haven't used them as a partner, but have utilized their technology to a limited extent through Engage. Engage's 'superstitials' are powered by Unicast. These in particular loaded very rarely, but I get the feeling that this is due to the low number of advertisers that Engage had lined up, rather than to the technology itself.

I've noticed that Excite News uses Unicast popups, and that they load on a single pageview, quickly.

Personally, I like the technology. Their popups are small (250x250 - one of the new industry standards), load in the background are interactive and relatively entertaining. The firm has also gathered a wide range of support from ad firms and individual advertisers alike, so it could prove to be a profitable relationship if your site(s) is large enough to justify the huge setup fee.

------------------
Czar
Net-Ads - Webmaster Resource Center
iOnline Network
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 11:18 AM   #3
SSacobie

Unhappy

We used them with Go4media (back before they fell off their game) and were making $10CPM on them, which was about 3-4 times the banner campaign from the same advertiser. So if you've got the reach and can lineup the advertisers, it may well be worth it. Most definitely the size of your site is the biggest consideration.

I can tell you the popups were anything but small. They were much larger than 250x250. However, I know for a fact that they were great for branding and seemed to perform decent as far as CTR. Add to that the fact they're new and can display more of a message, and I'd think advertisers would like the idea.
SSacobie is offline   Reply With Quote