Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2001, 08:54 PM   #1
wcmike

Unhappy CPC Program that accepts almost any site?

Hello,

I own a banner exchange that offers a 1:1 display ratio so the only way for me to make money is from my actual site. I have submitted an application to many networks, but none of them have accepted me. I would like to know if you guys could recommend a CPC program that accepts almost any site and does pay. For now, please don't mention AllClicks or BulkClicks, but if I am unable to find anything else then I may be forced to go with one of them.

*Off topic for Czar* I hope I don't get too much criticism for this requrest but since Czar doesn't have an e-mail address listed in his profile or his site, I cannot think of any other place to write this.

Czar, I would love to have my bannner exchange listed in your banner exchange section of your site. I think my banner exchange can compete with all of the other exchanges you have listed. Thanks and sorry for posting this here.

------------------
BannerSmile Banner Exchange Network -1:1 banner display ratio.
wcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 09:46 PM   #2
WebsiteSponsors
Member.

Unhappy

wcmike

The problem with banner exchanges is that the banner exchange site owner is responsible for his users sites. So if one of his sites breaks the rules in any way then so does the banner exchange owner.

Not only that but advertisers hate them. I have actually seen insertion orders where banner exchanges are to be excluded or payment will not be made. They would just go directly to banner exchanges if they wanted to advertise on them.

I experimented with one banner exchange once a while ago and I will never do that again. I had banners on adult sites, warez sites, racism sites, and just outright horrible looking sites.

Not that I am saying those are the kind of sites you have in your network. I am sure you run a very clean banner exchange.

If you want to make some money from your exchange maybe you should try CJ.com or ClickXchange.com. Alot of programs don't pay much but if you have a high volume you can at least make something.

------------------
Chet Brzezinski
iBoost Product Manager
http://www.iBoost.com
chet@iboost.com
WebsiteSponsors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 10:12 PM   #3
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

Chet, I think wcmike only wants to place the CPC banners on his actual site (bannersmile.com), not throughout the network, since there are no empty impressions on a 1:1 exchange.

wcmike, have you tried Sponsorships.net? They quite often feature attractive CPC text links, as well as their usual range of CPA programs.

P.S. I've now added my email address (webmaster@net-ads.com) to my Geek/Talk profile. I will contact you shortly regarding your suggestion. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
Czar
Net-Ads: Get More Hits. Make More Money.
www.net-ads.com
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 10:17 PM   #4
WebsiteSponsors
Member.

Unhappy

Ahh...
My bad http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

Yes, you can try Sponsorships.net, they are an iBoost site and have good CPA offers that are getting a conversion rate of 25 cents per click net cpc.

------------------
Chet Brzezinski
iBoost Product Manager
http://www.iBoost.com
chet@iboost.com
WebsiteSponsors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 10:29 PM   #5
demae

Unhappy

Quote:
I experimented with one banner exchange once a while ago and I will never do that again. I had banners on adult sites, warez sites, racism sites, and just outright horrible looking sites.
I thought advertisements on horrible looking sites are more effective, because the user is bored by the bad content of the site?
demae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2001, 12:02 AM   #6
wcmike

Unhappy

Thank you for the suggestions everyone. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
BannerSmile Banner Exchange Network -1:1 banner display ratio.
wcmike is offline   Reply With Quote