Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2001, 12:29 PM   #1
SGA

Unhappy Need a free simple CGI banner rotator

I would like a simple CGI banner rotator I could rotate defaults thru Burst. If your not famaliar with Burst personal compaigns, it needs to work using a simple Img tag and a simple redirect tag. If anybody knows of one I could download and install that works this way that would be fantastic. I prefer not using any third party rotators that take 5%-10% of your impressions. Thanks in advance.
SGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 01:02 PM   #2
pk

Unhappy

cgi.resourceindex.com

pk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 01:29 PM   #3
SGA

Unhappy

I was already there. Which one will work with Burst?

I have tried Webadverts, but because of Burst's cache bursting code it does not work correctly. When Burst sends the first default Webadverts sends your browser a banner. However the next time Burst sends a default your browser will display the same banner (browser caches the banner) but the link changes to the next link in the Webadvert rotation. So what happens is when you click on the cached banner you browser takes you to the wrong site. The problem exists because your browser caches the first banner but webadverts still rotates the links.

Does anybody have any simple code with just a img and redirect tag that will work? I do not know anything about SSI or anything like that, just a very little cgi knowledge.
Old 02-01-2001, 01:38 PM   #4
Indian_Born
Member.

Unhappy

Try using http://awsd.com/scripts/webadverts/index.shtml its simple to setup and doesnt require SSI.

Indian_Born is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 01:48 PM   #5
SGA

Unhappy

Indian_Born

Can you get it to work as the Burst default? See above post.

Another problem I had with Webadverts was I wanted to use it on a UBB such as this. However the cookie used by webadverts conflicted with the cookie my UBB sets. So I had to turn the cookie off on the Webadverts script. This is probably why it does not work with the Burst default. By the way I have Webadverts verion 2.15. Can anybody help?
Old 02-01-2001, 02:30 PM   #6
Meowser

Unhappy

I would recommend updating to the latest version of WebAdverts. It offers a bunch of new features and options.
Meowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 05:33 PM   #7
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

I've recently been experimenting with AdCycle.com. Their software uses less system resources than WebAdverts, does support rich media and code from ad networks, such as Burst!, and it's free.

You do need MySQL to support AdCycle, though.

And no, I have not yet tried to redirect my defaults to AdCycle, though there isn't any reason that I can see why this would not work.

------------------
Czar
Net-Ads: Get More Hits. Make More Money.
www.net-ads.com
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 11:04 PM   #8
singloon

GeekGuide

Unhappy

not sure but webadverts do have a new version 3.x out http://awsd.com/scripts/webadverts/index.shtml maybe that will work with the code you want ?

------------------[*]Australian Neon Genesis Evangelion[*]film - writers - reviewers - reporters - designers[*]FanBuy.com indevelopment
singloon is offline   Reply With Quote