Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2001, 06:46 AM   #1
demae

Unhappy [adsearches] Relationship between worth and multix?

Can anyone give me an idea of how to guess what my multix will end up as, going by the worth of the terms?

e.g.: If I populate all my search boxes with "Free Stuff" (worth 24), what will my multix be?

That "up to 12 cents per search" looks potentially lucrative, if I can pick high CTR text links and get a good multix...

[This message has been edited by demae (edited 01-31-2001).]
demae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 07:03 AM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

I'm not sure exactly how the multix is scaled. All of my search terms are rated above 10, with most in the 20-30 range, and a few high-flyers. With that, I'm averaging a multix of 1. Since AdSearches don't give you access to a detailed break-down of exactly which terms generates responses, it's almost impossible to figure out the multix from that.

You could either try an experiment, placing terms of various fixed worth on your site each day to see where they rank on the multix, or you could try emailing AdSearches to find out what algorithm they use to calculate this.

At a guess, though, I'd say that Free_Stuff alone will give you a multix of 1 (ie 5 cents/click).

------------------
Czar
Net-Ads: Get More Hits. Make More Money.
www.net-ads.com
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 09:11 AM   #3
JohnD

Unhappy

Multix is a combination of two things:

1) How much the term is "worth".

2) What the percentage of people that perform a search click on one or more results, as compared to our other affiliates.

In general, use terms that are related to your web site, and have a decent "worth". This will generate high values for both 1 and 2, and give you a nice multix, and enable you to earn more money per search.

While other programs force you to only use certain words in certain ways, we allow you to pre-populate essentially anything, and give a very wide variety of text links you can use as you see fit. With that wide range of options comes a wide range of payouts. If you use text links in a way that confuses the surfer, or if you prepopulate words that are worth little or nothing, you earn little per search. Use words with a decent worth that are related to your web site and describe to your surfer what is going on, and chances are you will earn a good amount per search.

Rather then place lots of restrictions, we simply pay more or less allow publishers to do what they want (with certain restrictions but less then most), and pay them what we determine the traffic to be worth. We even have special deals (email me for details) for typo-domain owners that are enabling people to earn *6-8* cents per visitor that types in a domain, without even requiring the visitor to click or search on anything. One domain owner has a domain that gets 1,000 people typing it in a day to see whats there and he takes home a hefty 7.5 cents per person that types in his domain, or around $2,250 a month - just for owning the one domain - no site, no content.

Best of luck-
John
JohnD is offline   Reply With Quote