Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2001, 06:27 PM   #1
Bomber

Question Anyone notice decline in revenue for MAILBITS?

Is it me or does it seem like the conversion for revenue generated for mailbits is about 20% down this month! Does anyone have any reason why this is happening or is it just because of the sudden down turn in advertising dollars and the economic market.

Jason
Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 10:18 PM   #2
Doc

Unhappy

I've noticed a significant drop in Tell-A-Friend revenue, but I believe its because they made some changes to the process which make it harder to get a conversion.

------------------
ProfitsToGo.com - Insightful reviews of top webmaster programs.
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 10:43 PM   #3
Synozeer

Unhappy

I noticed a decline last month and the beginning of this month, but I've been doing well lately. Today was my all-time high at $48.75 for the day.

I know that you only get paid for each person once, but for how long does that last? Is it permanent, or can you get paid due to the same person using your mailbits at a later date?

------------------
Insane Pictures - www.insanepictures.com
Insane Humor - www.insanehumor.com
Top MUD Sites - www.topmudsites.com
Synozeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 07:49 AM   #4
Bomber

Lightbulb

Mailbits is suppose to reset their servers once a month so that old emails can be reused again! But I really doubt they do it once a month, they probably reset once every two months so we earn less!

Jason
Old 01-23-2001, 10:34 AM   #5
cashquest

Unhappy

Huge drop for my site, my ratio is 15%.
That is terrible compared to the 35% ratio of previous months. If any one finds anything out please post it hear! I wrote them to find out and they said everything is being tracked the same as it always has...They must be having a big problem tracking the uniques or they plain old changed the system and are not being honest about it.
cashquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 01:32 PM   #6
cashquest

Unhappy

Reply,

Thanks for contacting me. We are aware of the problem, and we are working
diligently to resolve the issue. It seems that something has happened since
our recently downtime last week. Be sure that I do understand that this is
a serious issue that effects your payout at the end of the month, so I am
busily looking to correct this problem. If you have any other questions or
concerns, please let me know.
cashquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 04:09 AM   #7
a1022

Thumbs down

Not only with the low conversion rate but a lot of the emails aren't being sent out to the intended receipients. And when it does go through, it's like 2 to 3 days late.

Does anyone have an update???
a1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 10:45 PM   #8
Bomber

Lightbulb

I think that the bonus for this month should be atleast 20%, I'm losing huge amounts of money! Inconsistencies are very stressful!

For the Mailbits program, they should definitely improve their HR, its almost impossible to suggest anything or get feedback! I think that the fastest email reply I've gotten back was 3 weeks!
Old 01-25-2001, 03:12 PM   #9
Knix

Unhappy

Everything has been doing quite well for me lately, last weekend was terrible, as was yesterday, but I'm back on track today and have been averaging more earnings with less work on my sites than I was last month. My unique ratio on the sends is up by about 2% from october/november (I hardly used it last month so it wouldn't be a fair comparison).
Knix is offline   Reply With Quote