Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2000, 06:57 PM   #1
pocketmpg.com

Smile I need an advertiser.... please :)?

Hello.

My name is Chris Edwards, I am the webmaster of www.pocketmpg.com.

Soon to become www.pocketmatrix.com. You can check out my new design at www.ezpda.net/pocketmatrix and tell me what you think.

Here is my situation:

I am a new site, no ad revenue history at all. I had a Pay Per Click banner up for about a month, received 75cents http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif.

I get about 1000 impressions a day. 400 of them being unique.

I expect that to at least double when my new site goes live on December 18.

I have webhosting from www.webhosting.com. I pay $99 a month for 400megs. I will need to increase that to 800megs soon for $160/month.

I need to find a banner advertiser that will at least pay for my web hosting. I was hoping for something like amazing media that pays 1 cent for each time the page is viewed but amazing media support ***** so far and I'm not sure if they would pay up..

Any suggestions on what I should do? Does anyone want to advertise on my site?

My site is PDA (Handheld Computers) related. If your site has anything to do with electronics, I'm sure you would get good click-throughs.

Thank you,

Chris Edwards
Webmaster
PocketMatrix.com
chris@pocketmpg.com
pocketmpg.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2000, 02:48 PM   #2
truelight
Member.

Unhappy

Unless that is with a HUGE amonnt of bandwidth, I recommend switching hosting.. Check out liquidweb.com
truelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2000, 02:56 PM   #3
onlyreal

Unhappy

you can rent a 10gb unix server with only 100$/month
onlyreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2000, 03:22 PM   #4
gotrice

Unhappy

Why do you need 800mb when a PDA only can hold no more than 8mb..

LOL

http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
gotrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2000, 03:36 PM   #5
YeahBuddy

Unhappy

For hosting, I recommend www.cwihosting.com. Though I don't use them myself, many of my friends do and are very satisfied with them so far. The "Power Plan" sounds like it's for you - 1,200 megs storage and umetered traffic at 30$/month.
YeahBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2000, 03:37 PM   #6
pocketmpg.com

Unhappy

My PDA (iPAQ Pocket PC) can hold up to 1GB of storage... Which I have http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif. I can put up to 4 full movies on my iPAQ. Full colour. Stereo sound. All for around the same cost of a beafed up Palm Color handheld.

Regarding Bandwidth.. yes I get a lot of it.. Around 1.6GB/day at the moment. More in the future.

Thank you.

Chris
Old 11-28-2000, 03:53 PM   #7
pocketmpg.com

Unhappy

My PDA (iPAQ Pocket PC) can hold up to 1GB of storage... Which I have http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif. I can put up to 4 full movies on my iPAQ. Full colour. Stereo sound. All for around the same cost of a beafed up Palm Color handheld.

Regarding Bandwidth.. yes I get a lot of it.. Around 1.6GB/day at the moment. More in the future.

Thank you.

Chris

[This message has been edited by pocketmpg.com (edited 11-28-2000).]
Old 11-28-2000, 04:02 PM   #8
demae

Unhappy

Over 30 GB transfer a month? That can get pretty costly.

You may want to check out aplushosting.com. My 200 MB site consumes over 60 GB bandwidth per month, but they don't charge me any extra money for it (above my base $20/month fee), because I put up their 88x31 button on every one of my pages.

Try e-mailing their main admin peter@aplushosting.com and tell him about your situation; he may allow you to host 800 MB of data with 60 GB of transfer per month, probably for around $80 (I'm guessing $80, because for $35 you can get 350 MB of disk space) and putting up an 88x31 button for them on your pages.

As for advertising, 12000 unique visitors is not that much at the moment. You may have trouble because advertisers don't like dealing with small sites due to the overhead. Still, you may have luck with contacting commercial small sites related to your site personally (i.e. e-mail or fax them). You can also integrate targetted offers from cj.com and clickxchange.com onto your site; pick the best looking offers, let them run for a week, drop the worst ones and repeat. You should be able to get at least $1 CPM with this (many other people on this forum do that).

[This message has been edited by demae (edited 11-28-2000).]
demae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2000, 04:05 PM   #9
pocketmpg.com

Unhappy

I'm am going to host with webhosting.com because of there super fast connection and their unlimited bandwidth for $80/month per 400mb... using their highest virtual account.. I like working with bigger companies especially for webhosting... I will switch to dedicated server when I start getting ad revenue.
Old 11-28-2000, 09:37 PM   #10
pocketmpg.com

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by YeahBuddy:
For hosting, I recommend www.cwihosting.com. Though I don't use them myself, many of my friends do and are very satisfied with them so far. The "Power Plan" sounds like it's for you - 1,200 megs storage and umetered traffic at 30$/month.

Thanks.. Just payed for it.

Chris