Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2000, 10:13 PM   #1
tropezar

Unhappy Terrashare drops pay rates

Well, it seems my decision to move my sites from Terrashare to Tripod was a very good decision.

I just found this info on their site:

"Despite our best efforts to maintain our $1.25 CPM rate for banner ads for all sites, we have found that the market simply has dropped well below that level. Therefore, starting on Wednesday, September 20th, we will be moving to a new set of market rates that will vary depending upon the type of site you have created. The rate for a typical TerraShare site will be $0.50 CPM and remain $1.25 CPM for our featured sites."

They never e-mailed me about this, and my sites were among those dropped down to .50 CPM.

The only thing they had going for them was their payrate. Now with the lower payrate (at least for most sites) and poor service, they're at the bottom of the barrel as far as I'm concerned.

And all those with celebrity sites look to be getting a really large drop in revenue:

"C $0.25 Class I Gallery Sites (sites that host and display high quantities of pictures of things)

D $0.05 Class II Gallery Sites (e.g. photos of celebrities and models) "

------------------

Scott
www.funnyforwards.com

[This message has been edited by tropezar (edited 09-22-2000).]

[This message has been edited by tropezar (edited 09-22-2000).]
tropezar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2000, 12:59 AM   #2
JakeJeck

Unhappy

D, D, D, I say.

Bye, Bye, Bye, I also say.

Oh well I made $1500 off my britney site(exluding SearchTraffic, Allclicks etc..), so I can't complain too much.
JakeJeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2000, 01:11 AM   #3
JonathanLB
Member.

Unhappy

lol, what a joke!

5 cents? That is a joke right?

What a pathetic company.
JonathanLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2000, 07:33 AM   #4
Pete
Member.

Angry

Damn, why don't they accept canadians (Tripod)?
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote