Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2000, 02:03 PM   #1
AK

Question Advertising.com house banners?

In Adv.com's terms & conditions, you can now read
Quote:
Advertising.com shall NOT pay for clicks generated from Advertising.com house banners or Banner Exchange banners. Clicks from Advertising.com house banners or Banner Exchange banners will result in no revenue for Web Publisher.
I assume that this means you can't use Adv.com banners in a banner exchange (makes sense), but what are the "Advertising.com house banners"? I'm just not familliar with the term.
AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2000, 02:11 PM   #2
WebsiteSponsors
Member.

Unhappy

Deleted

[This message has been edited by WebsiteSponsors (edited 08-23-2000).]
WebsiteSponsors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2000, 04:16 PM   #3
gladius

Unhappy

I beleive that they used to run "house banners" to your site if no other paying banner was available. These banners paid you money from advertising.com directly i.e. they were not from advertisers.
I suppose that means that advertising.com "could" eventually suffer from the same sort fo PSA syndrom that flcyast gives. I hope they will allow us to default if this is the case.
gladius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2000, 01:47 PM   #4
AK

Thumbs down

Well, if they are talking about the banners that are advertising Advertising.com, the least they could do is make them work as referral links. I am not interested in giving away free traffic to Adv.com, especially as their statistics doesn't show the number of "house banners" they run. But then again, there's no stats for their referral program either, right?
AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2000, 03:36 PM   #5
mp3nskins
Member.

Unhappy

hmm.. I found this linkexchange site. that uses advertising.com banners... http://banner-x-change.net/

mp3nskins is offline   Reply With Quote