Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2000, 09:59 PM   #1
Arn

Unhappy CPC vs. CPM with Burst. Some thoughts...

Hi guys,

I was reading through Burst's forum and this was a topic... and it's something I've thought about myself..

With Burst, you can choose your ads. There are CPM and CPC ads. They recommend you choose them all, and that way you can "maximize" your income. This is true if you aren't signed up for another ad network... as you'll just be running "free" banner ads. But is this really a good way to go?

I started with Burst, and was very selective about the ads, then later, I decide I'd try the "choose them all" approach. This didn't work out too well.

As you all should know, advertisers who create CPM ads vs CPC ads have different goals in mind. The CPM ads, are created to be VERY clickable, even by being deceptive.

The CPC ads, however, tend to just be branding or just relatively boring ads. As a result, you are running these ads and end up getting a comparable rate of $.20 CPM or similar.

Is this worth it? Would you rather earn $.20 for those thousand impressions or use those banners for other purposes?

I personally will only choose CPM ads now on Burst, and also will NOT choose ones that I are too deceptive or just plain annoying (treeloot).

arn

------------------
http://www.weeno.com - Learn Stuff You Don't Know
Promote Your Site - write an article, get new/interested visitors.
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2000, 02:01 AM   #2
fairhousing
Member.

Lightbulb

i just take all the ads, would take me too much time select the ads in order to maybe earn a few hundred dollars more a month, too lazy.

------------------
Click 4 some tested resources for making money $, hosting, and web promotion.
My Site Got Hacked, But I'm Coming Back?
fairhousing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2000, 03:50 PM   #3
Even Steven

Unhappy

I'm running Burst! right now. I started out accepting all the ads, CPM and CPC, and thought this really WAS the way to go.

But I was not getting any clicks on the CPC ads, and Burst! was serving up way too many of those ads.

So, I removed them from my account, and replaced them all with my personal campaign. Burst! defaults anywhere from 5,000 to 10,000 impressions to my personal campaign, and I make about $5.00 to $10.00 a day on it.

Steven
Even Steven is offline   Reply With Quote