Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-1999, 08:02 PM   #1
KHN
Member.

Default CGI

How do I upload CGI Script to my server.

------------------
KHN
Do you love Freebies?
Click Here Now!
members.tripod.com/~allfreestuff/freestuff.html

[This message has been edited by KHN (edited 06-20-99).]
KHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-1999, 01:30 PM   #2
KHN
Member.

Well, my website at tripod dose not allow CGI but I also have a account at VitualAve which does.

All I want to do is a top 50 site script and I have read a bit about cgi and what to do.

I currently have the script, but the problem is I don't know how to install them into the CGI bin.

I don't really care if I mess it up because I don't have a site at VitualAve anyway.
KHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-1999, 11:11 PM   #3
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Hi KHN,

A few thoughts on your question.

1) Does your Web host permit the execution of CGI scripts and where do they require them to be?

2) A great site to learn about all this stuff is www.bignosebird.com This site also has great free scripts

3) You will need a thorough understanding of your actions before you try any of this. A mistake can bring down your intire site.

4) You need an FTP client like WS_ftp or CuteFTP to upload the files and set the proper "permissions"

Please do not try any of this untill you have read all the docs and have a crystal clear understanding of exactly what you are doing. Then start with a simple to install script like tell a friend and continue to learn more and practice with more advanced free scripts like the form script and the postcard script.

HTH

HTH

------------------
Best Regards,
Steve_S
www.very-cool-stuff.com
Your Administrator

Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote