Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2000, 02:04 AM   #1
serrow

Question where shall i advertise?

with clicktrade out of the question, where can i advertise my site at the price of anywhere from 1 - 3 cents per click.

I already use goto.com and if you can include any costs, and start-up fees that would help out a lot

------------------
Virtual Tunes Music - Promoting as many aspects of INDIE Music as I know how to do!

http://virtualtunes.com
http://supermodelquest.com
serrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2000, 02:33 AM   #2
Aaron Dragushan

Thumbs up

Commission Junction (cj.com) has probably the best reputation in the industry, as far as I know. They're doing quite well, though they do cost quite a bit to sign up. (approx $750 IIRC)

I'll be advertising with them when I get my act together, and came to that conclusion only after checking around thoroughly.

(not affiliated in any way, AND not even a satisfied customer! yet... heh)

- Aaron
Aaron Dragushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2000, 03:39 AM   #3
emailer

Smile

Commission Junction accurately counts hits and its aggregation of commissions and payout at $25 is a plus for merchants as well as affiliates.

http://www.explode.to/earnings/

emailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2000, 04:38 AM   #4
WildComputer

Cool

ClickXchange or Commission Junction

I think this is correct:

ClickXchange :
no setup fee.
30% charge ontop of transaction costs.
$100 deposit to start a per-click campaign
$250 to start a start a per-lead or per-sale campaign

Commission Junction :
I thought it was $795 setup fee (?).
20% charge on top of transaction costs
I don't remember the minimum deposit req'd

Last time I did the math, IIRC, CJ is cheaper if you're planning on spending more $8000 in commissions. ClickXchange is cheaper if you're planning on spending less.

HTH

------------------
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2000, 02:34 PM   #5
fairhousing
Member.

Talking

there's a few other pay for listing search engines like goto, don't know the other's names offhand. u may want to give them a try.

------------------

fairhousing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2000, 02:56 PM   #6
gbrott

Cool

I know kanoodle has a pay per listing program, but it is a joke. 2 months ago I put in $25, and I still have more than $24 left - I'm listed #1 in about 20 categories.
gbrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2000, 04:18 PM   #7
WildComputer

Cool

Another search engine is http://www.rocketlinks.com/

I am not using them as I have no idea how much traffic they have. Additionally I wouldn't be really happy if they decided to feature me in their "featured" searches - but have no idea if you can "decline" this feature.

------------------
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2000, 08:00 PM   #8
Arn

Cool

Agreed, goto.com is the best of that genre.

In my opinion, cj.com isn't a real option for the small webmaster... unless you're generating some real income on your site, I don't know if using cj.com would be cost effective.

Other good options for small-time advertising would be to find medium-sized sites with a similar audience as yours and to try and buy advertising in their newsletters and/or banner ads. Usually you can find some relatively inexpensive adveritsing this way.

To find sites to advertise on, you can try looking at this relatively new site (I've got no association, I just think it's a good idea):
http://www.1001mediakits.com

Also - you can just visit similar sites as yours and find their advertising info.

Alternatively, you can try to barter/trade ads/impressions:

Barter/Trade forum (read the forum rules first please): http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/f...r=7&start=here

arn
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote