Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FRIENDS: The geek/talk Community > Technical Questions about geek/talk
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
katereber

Default Just a suggestion..

Hello, I am here to suggest something.. I think much better to allow the member to put their signature.. Of course to make this forum more active and to let other member being active to post their ideas and reviews.. As we all know, forum commenting is one of the best way to get traffic, and of course to help the members promote their businesses. Well it's just my suggestion, coz I am an active member here and I noticed that few are not posting anymore..

Thanks and have a nice day..
katereber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Thanks for the suggestion Kate but again, that runs against the purpose of this forum. There are tens of thousands of other forums that do support sigs, so it baffles and frustrates me no end that people can't seem to accept that the owner of this website doesn't want to allow them due to rampant abuse (including SEO spammers posting in the "death announcement" thread of one of our most beloved former members). the types of members who leave because we don't support sigs are not the target audience for this forum.

We target professional, full-time web publishers and media players who understand that building relationships with similar professionals is 1000s of times more effective than gathering a few clicks and a miniscule SEO boost from inbound links on forums. Sig-seekers would be able to make more effective use of their time on other discussion boards.

I hope you understand as, as mentioned the last dozen times this issue has been raised, I really, really, really hope this is the last time I'm asked to justify a perfectly reasonable and personal decision made on my own website. Others can run their sites as they see fit and I simply ask for the same level of respect for how I want to run this site and spend my time as the one who is tasked with deleting spam and moderating the influx of SEO-driven posts that contribute nothing of value to the community. Those who appreciate this point of difference will stick around and those who don't, won't. It's as simple as that.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
katereber

Yeah I understand.. And that's your rule I respect it, as I mentioned "just a suggestion". Thanks for fast response, really appreciate it.. And hoping for a strong relationship in this forum.. Thanks Czar, have a nice day..
Old 05-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
katereber

Oops, I forgot to ask.. One more thing Czar, Am I allowed to promote the CPA Network I am working with? I don't know if it is against the rule, so I ask it here.. Thank in advance for the response.. Good day..
Old 05-26-2011, 10:38 AM   #5
Czar

Webmaster

Hi Kate,

Just to clarify, do you mean that you're employed at a CPA network and would like to promote the network as a whole to members, or are you looking to promote individual CPA programs via referral links and the like?

Thanks,

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:48 AM   #6
katereber

Hi Czar,
Yes I'm employed of one of CPA Network and I just want to make a thread that introducing that CPA Network.. If that is fine, but if not I will be more that happy to know it.. And I just want to be honest, I hope that this community will help us to grow.. I hope you understand me.. Thank you so much Czar for your kindness..
Old 05-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #7
katereber

Hello there Czar, I will post one thread Introducing CPA Network where I am working with.. You can delete it anytime if you think it's against the rule.. Thank you so much Czar.. Have a nice day..