Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money from Online Audio, Video and Web 2.0 Applications
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
katereber

Default Disadvantage of Social Media

Hi everyone, I want to share some disadvantage of social media.

Disadvantages of Social Media...where whole world is enjoying the benefits of social media, its disadvantages are really shocking. But this is seriously an emerging issue. We all are using it to the max without thinking about its negative results.

For complete details, visit the link : http://www.blog-search.com/sites/dis...f-social-media

Thanks.
katereber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
JobsAllOver

Thanks for the link! Interesting read.
JobsAllOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:23 AM   #3
todpheifer

Thanks buddy for the link
todpheifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:34 AM   #4
helenbrysonj

This is good. Generally people don't discuss in such points.
helenbrysonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:31 AM   #5
Beth Worthy

As per my personal view,the concept of social media refers to the means of interactions among people in which they create, share, exchange and comment contents among themselves in virtual communities and networks.In a simple manner,social media may be defined as a group of Internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundation.It serves many advantages but on the other hand it serves few disadvantages also which includes:
-Increase the risk of people falling prey to online ****s that seem genuine, resulting in data or identity theft.
-Potentially results in lost productivity, especially if employees are busy updating profiles.
Beth Worthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:51 AM   #6
satish4321

thanks for sharing.
satish4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:47 AM   #7
darkavenger972

Thanks for this link, it was really interesting reading this.
darkavenger972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #8
jeffsmith

i dont think so that hacking an account is a disadvantage of a website :/
jeffsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #9
darkavenger972

Ty for the link, was very ... instructive !
darkavenger972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #10
Beth Worthy

A social media acts as a social networking platforms that may allow organization to improve communication and productivity information among different groups of employees in more efficient manner, resulting in an increase in productivity.
But on the other hand, it has some of its disadvantages also like:
-It may result in negative comments from employees about the company or potential legal consequences - It potentially results in the lost productivity, especially if employees are busy in updating profiles etc.
-Corporate Invasion of Privacy

Last edited by Beth Worthy; 02-20-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Beth Worthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:37 AM   #11
sappayment

Thanks for sharing, i hope more advantages in Social media, but i didn't know about dis-advantage.
sappayment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:43 AM   #12
gefoote

Thanks for sharing. Interesting points. But as a marketer, we can't ignore the importance of social media. It's a great way for a business to acquire awareness.
gefoote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #13
david34

Thanks for the link.
david34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:41 PM   #14
XelinB

You have to be careful about what you share in facebook. It can be very detrimental to your privacy. There are downsides to every upsides, I believe.
XelinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:09 AM   #15
Czar

Webmaster

I completely agree. As demonstrated through the recent "hacking" of hundreds of celebrity iCloud accounts, which are alleged to have taken place through people figuring out answers to each celeb's personal security questions, many of us have made it easy for people to find out our dates-of-birth, place of birth, mother's maiden names and more.

Most people wouldn't take advantage of that information, but a small minority see it as a gold mine and an opportunity to engage in information theft, identity theft or similar.

We do need to be vigilant in revealing enough to keep our friends, family and acquaintances in the loop, but not enough to enable the wrong sorts to take advantage of the situation.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote