Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs > Making Money with Regional Affiliate Programs and Networks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2003, 05:55 PM   #1
trafficguy
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Default Is there a need for an International traffic program?

Just curious on your thoughts on if there is a need for an International traffic program? (Non-US traffic)

If there is, how would you like to see such a program structured?

Input always appreciated….
trafficguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 06:48 PM   #2
DarkBlue

If you are referring to Non-US but still English speaking traffic then I think you will find a lot of interested people. Advertisers who have products that do not require shipping would (in my opinion) love to pick up commercial English speaking traffic from countries like Australia (slight bias here) while not having to pay for the often more expensive US visitors. A move like this could price many more advertisers back into your market.

If you are speaking about paying for Non-English traffic. SIGN ME UP! If you can find advertisers happy to pay for visitors from China (whatever it pays) I'll be your first customer
DarkBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 06:57 PM   #3
trafficguy
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Just to get more of a clarification on the international traffic. I am referring to Country specific traffic, meaning creative that will be translated to each Country. Not necessarily English speaking, although I’m sure that’s fine 2
trafficguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 07:44 PM   #4
firstmark

In my opinion there is demand for this.
There are adnetworks for Europeon language
sites at Adlink and elsewhere for example.
If one adnetwork would just broker and geotarget ads to networks or advertisers interested in traffic from certain countries I am sure many small to midsize sites would find this valuable.

Chinese traffic has to have value to someone in china.
It would not be time efficient or economical for small sites to sign up with 100 different programs to target 100 different countries. It would be too hard to reach a minimum payout level for all of them this way.
But if a broker did this and pooled traffic from many sites and ads from many networks it could be efficient and profitable for all parties involved if done right.
firstmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 10:00 PM   #5
Czar

Webmaster

There's huge demand for this. In fact, I've personally been working on a product that serves this niche (which will debut in about five weeks), and I've interacted with a few other players who have a similar strategy in mind.

This is where the net can really set itself apart from some of the traditional media, by targeting by geography and/or language in an affordable manner, and doing so through a real-time tech-based solution rather than demanding that ad buyers work through an expensive media buying agency or locate appropriate publications with appropriate, verifiable, distribution demographics, etc.

Of course, almost all decent ad networks do support these types of features presently, but most limit their membership to publishers from a few select nations, and most charge exhorbitant fees for geotargeting and language-targeting options despite the fact that solutions such as Quova and language-detection systems are relatively inexpensive to employ these days.

FWIW, I'm only going to be dealing with banner and text link-based media, so somewhat uncontested opportunity will still exist in brokering geotargeted pops, redirects, search traffic (albeit Google has more-or-less cornered the market here in terms of larger buys), lead acquisition, etc. Also, I'm primarily going to be servicing the region (Australia, NZ, East Asia, etc), so there will remain a huge untapped market that US-based media players would be wise to explore so long as they can cover their bases sufficiently by actually landing campaigns from enough major global population centers to make the project workable.

Best of luck Rusty.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 09:32 AM   #6
jnestor

I think the words I'm look for are: GOD, YES! .

I do well at monetizing US, Canada and UK but that still leaves some 20% of my traffic for which I earn little. I've tried without success to get into AdPepper to take the European traffic (though perhaps I should try again with my new bigger traffic numbers).

For me it's not worth targetting a country outside US, Canda, UK specifically (except for maybe Australia/NZ) since they individually don't add up to much. Still if I had a network that could take all the traffic outside the big 3 and make me something on it I'd jump on it in a second.

I've noticed actually that a couple of the ad networks seem to be trying to tackle the problem. GorillaNation resells AdPepper for Germany, France and maybe others. And 24/7 also seems to do some ads targetted outside the big 3. Still I seem to make very little off of them.
jnestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 10:19 AM   #7
simhome
Member.

paypopup will pay traffic from any countries.
simhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 01:32 AM   #8
crazybone

I get a stack of traffic from South Korea - anything to help gain a cent from this would be well appreciated.
crazybone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 11:14 AM   #9
N_F_S

Well, speaking for my traffic stats, I would want to see some european networks(that includes all EU countries at least), that's where the big demand is. I tried Adpepper as well, but they declined me.

The problem with adpepper is that they are looking for sites completely targeted at EU , like 90% EU traffic. But for people who have like 20% of traffic coming from EU and thus these publishers are most likely to use it as a default since the main part is US/UK/Can/Aus there is no ad network out there for that. I would be very interested as well.

I can't say I have a lot of people coming from Asia though.
N_F_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 12:35 PM   #10
thegauntlet

I am testing a new ad company now. I just signed up with them yesterday and loaded the ad codes last night. The serve ads to all EURO countries aswell as all Asian countries. The claim to have no defaults and all CPM ads. I can't figure out how to generate a report for stats and ecpms but maybe in a few days i'll let you know. They don't offer pops or activex as they hate annoying media.
thegauntlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 02:49 PM   #11
N_F_S

Quote:
Originally posted by thegauntlet
I am testing a new ad company now. I just signed up with them yesterday and loaded the ad codes last night. The serve ads to all EURO countries aswell as all Asian countries. The claim to have no defaults and all CPM ads. I can't figure out how to generate a report for stats and ecpms but maybe in a few days i'll let you know. They don't offer pops or activex as they hate annoying media.
Can you say a name of this company?
Old 03-26-2005, 11:29 PM   #12
CPMNewbie

Doesn't RealTech, Buds, and RealCast support international traffic?
CPMNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 07:50 AM   #13
N_F_S

Quote:
Originally posted by CPMNewbie
Doesn't RealTech, Buds, and RealCast support international traffic?
Not in the way the European network would, I can speak only for buds they pay 5 cents for thousand imps

Last edited by N_F_S; 03-27-2005 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:35 AM   #14
thegauntlet

Quote:
Originally posted by N_F_S
Can you say a name of this company?
I will check with the ad rep from the company. From what I gather, they aren't accepting sites on a full scale basis yet. I just logged into my DART account with them, and my stats show I only sent them non US traffic as I set it up that way in PHP Ads New. I only gave them 468x60's. They serverd 107,118 ads yesterday (saturday) and the average CPM came out to .26 cents. I don't know if thats good or bad. There is a 60/40 or 65/35 split so my ecpm comes to under .20 cents. I'll find out if I can mention these guys. I have now only used them 1 full day. I can't give them my thumbs up or anything like that. I would like to see if I get paid too.
thegauntlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 11:25 AM   #15
CPMNewbie

I am making more than .10 CPM from both Realtech and Realcast. Do not use Buds, but it seems there are already companies that buy some european traffic.
CPMNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote