Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with Email
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2009, 07:06 AM   #1
MarcyOne

Default is this for real????? or a ****

I'd like to show you this email that I receive from someone I don't know.

Greeting

I am Mrs Grace Kamil a citizen of Yemen but currently residing in the United Kingdom. I am married to Late Farooq Kamil of blessed memory
who was an oil explorer in Yemen and Angola for twelve years before he died in the year 2006. We were married for twelve years without a child; he died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days.

Since his death I too have been battling with both Cancer of the lungs and fibroid problems. When my late Husband was alive he deposited a substantial amount of money worth Twelve Million Great Britain Pounds with a Financial Institution here in the United Kingdom which I inherited after his death. Just recently, my doctor told me that I have only 2 month to live due to my unfortunate ailment. Having known my condition I decided to hand over this funds to a devoted Allah (God) fearing individual that will utilize this money for charity purpose and to help the needy the way i am going to instruct therein.I want the individual to use this money in all sincerity to fund
charity homes (motherless homes), orphanages, and widows. I took this decision because I donít have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are into radical organization and I donít want a situation where this money will be used in an unholy manner, Hence the reasons for this bold decision.

Please, pray for me to recover as your prayers will go a long way in uplifting my20spirit. I donít need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health condition which has seriously affected my hearing and also because of the presence of my husbandís relatives around me always for i donít want them to know about this development.

As soon as I receive your reply on Email: I shall give you further directives on what to do and how to go about actualizing this project. I will also instruct my lawyer to file an application on your behalf to the bank where the funds were deposited for the transfer of the money to you for this purpose.

I want you to always pray for me. Any delay in your reply will give room in sourcing for an organization or a devoted Individual for this same purpose. Until I hear from you by email ;(mrsgracecharity_foundation@yahoo.com) my dreams will rest squarely on your shoulders.

Remain blessed.
Mrs. Grace Kamil

What kind of **** is this?! I am receiving lots of this and it is really annoying. She is not selling me anything though. I am confident that she has hidden agenda in sending this? Can you share to me your views with this...
MarcyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:22 AM   #2
Del

It might be one of the things that you need to pay for the money to get handed over? It is rather stupid. Just hand it to a charity lady. They aren't hard to find.
Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:26 AM   #3
Jan

Administrator

Definitely one for the trash bin
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:03 AM   #4
wsz

It is called a 419 letter. It could easily be coming from some teenage boy sitting in a net.cafe in Nigeria. The only real money involved is what they are trying to get from you.

Here is an explaination and some variations.

wsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #5
jimb12345

this is definitely a ****..stay away.
jimb12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:57 AM   #6
technoguy32

I have also receive a similar mail some weeks ago. I really don't believe on these thing. I always tend to research on the person first before replying and such. It is said that when one reply to his e-mail, he wll eventually send you spam mails everyday to flood you inbox.

At the time I receive it, I always put it into the SPAM folder.
technoguy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:33 AM   #7
srikantagrawa

suspious about it
srikantagrawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:24 PM   #8
kelbe

You could just delete it, and forger all about it.
kelbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:44 AM   #9
paperkool

It's very familiar. It reminds me of the letter I got, where the guy said he didn't have enought room in his bank account to put money. He asked for everyone's bank account info so that he could put money into it.
paperkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
muqtada123

Its just a spam email i usually get this kind of every other day.
muqtada123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:48 AM   #11
sofiawmr

its spam..... just delete it
sofiawmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:36 AM   #12
lunaticfrog

Sounds fishy to me!

Are u positve about it?
lunaticfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:14 AM   #13
Gennie32

they are trying to fool you, if out of sympathy youpay them something they earn money. thats it
Gennie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #14
jack dotson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gennie32 View Post
they are trying to fool you, if out of sympathy youpay them something they earn money. thats it
This is a very common ****. They are not going to ask you to send any money or anything. At first it appears that they are legit, but as the process unfolds, they will get to a point where they need your bank account info so that they can transfer the funds into your account. Quite the opposite will occur actually. They will steal everything you have. This is absolutely a ****. You can research them and find that the man that they said died, really did die. And maybe you will find that he did have a large amount of money that he left to someone. This is all to make the scenario seem real.
Do NOT respond to this. Actually, you should report it to the authorities as soon as possible. Get these people off the net before some poor soul falls for it. And believe me when I say that someone has and someone else probably will.
jack dotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:40 AM   #15
audierules

It is a spam email and no more. Just delete it and never think about it.
audierules is offline   Reply With Quote