Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FRIENDS: The geek/talk Community > geek/yak
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy TRAGIC NEWS: Geek/Talker Larry Weedon (Larwee) has passed away

I just received some gut-wrenching news from Linda over at 5-Star Affiliate Marketing Forums. Larry Weedon, who most of you will know as Larwee, passed away on the weekend from a suspected heart condition. He died in his St Louis home.

Larry was a very special human being. As most of you would have experienced first-hand, Larry was incredibly generous with his time and attention. He helped many members of this community and Linda's, where he also moderated, to get started in this industry and to remain inspired throughout the process of building their web publishing and online marketing careers.

Larry was a veteran of the industry but never included a signature in his posts because he wanted his advice to be perceived as objective and selfless. He was the most prolific poster within the community for more than two years and his words remain ingrained in many of our finest discussion threads; several of which he started.

I considered Larry to be a friend and one of the most willingly giving people I have known. His words and the gift of his knowledge he provided to this community will be with us always.

Enjoy his 3000+ quality posts here:
http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/se...induser&u=7346

Last edited by Czar; 01-06-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:13 AM   #2
praveen

Unhappy

This is really really Shocking!!!!

OMG!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
gophergas

Rest in peace, Larwee --- you selflessly helped a lot of people, and your wisdom will live on.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
Jan

Administrator

Wow! What a shock! Any idea if he had been ill for some time Josh? Or was this sudden?

RIP Larry
Old 01-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #5
Czar

Webmaster

Apparently he was feeling quite ill in the days prior, but didn't hint at anything serious being wrong. He was still moderating actively at another forum as late as last week, so things seem to have taken a turn for the worse quite quickly.

For those who don't know, Larry has always kept his personal life very private, even from those close to him. For that reason, he was not likely to advertise the fact that he was feeling terrible if that was the case, possibly out of fear of letting people down or being judged, which is a small tragedy all of its own.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Old 01-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #6
gggorosin22

wow...such a tragic great loss. There could only be one Larwee.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:20 PM   #7
Jan

Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czar View Post
Apparently he was feeling quite ill in the days prior, but didn't hint at anything serious being wrong. He was still moderating actively at another forum as late as last week, so things seem to have taken a turn for the worse quite quickly.

For those who don't know, Larry has always kept his personal life very private, even from those close to him. For that reason, he was not likely to advertise the fact that he was feeling terrible if that was the case, possibly out of fear of letting people down or being judged, which is a small tragedy all of its own.
Yeah, I read the thread over at 5-Star Affiliate Marketing Forums. Seems Linda was a bit concerned with his absence and sent the police to his home to check on him
Old 01-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #8
Bondings

I don't know what to say. Every regular on this forum certainly knew him from his many excellent posts, the many people he helped. Indeed a tragic loss.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:49 AM   #9
vik88
Member.

very upset... RIP Larry ... i hope you will have the better life above .... =(
Old 01-24-2009, 09:26 AM   #10
Zila1

rest in peace, Larry Weedon. I'm shocked. Just can't think of him as of dead..
Old 01-28-2009, 09:48 AM   #11
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Larry was a very rare and special person who touched so many members with his passion, dedication, knowledge, unselfish nature, and his willingness to help others.

I would like to think that he is still moderating this thread from a different perspective. The "Larrys" of online Communities don't come around often. Even in a Community like GV which is over 10 years old. His presence will be missed and his actions should continue to inspire all members and Administrators/Mods who have always displayed these fine qualities.

My condolences to Larry's family, Linda, and all

RIP old friend. I will miss you.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:38 AM   #12
BubbleTea

wow, newbie here , sorry to hear that
I guess i don't have a chance to know this good guy
what a pity
Old 11-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #13
cyburrr
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

I haven't checked this forum in ages.

I'm so sorry to hear that. He was such a kind and helpful person.

Godspeed Larwee
Old 11-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #14
Czar

Webmaster

I still think about Larwee quite regularly and was just about to offer him his own blog on Geek/Talk the week that he passed away, as testament to the contributions he made to the careers of many Geek/Talk members.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Old 05-30-2010, 03:42 AM   #15
Prince Serendip

I'm very sorry to hear of larwee's death. One of his posts brought me to this board, and I decided to join. I hope to help and to learn here. That would be a tribute to his memory.
Closed Thread