Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Search Engine Marketing & Optimization
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
rofun01

Default Programs for SEO

I understand that:

Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume and quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via "natural" ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results. Usually, the earlier a site is presented in the search results, or the higher it "ranks," the more searchers will visit that site. SEO can also target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, and industry-specific vertical search engines.

As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work and what people search for. Optimizing a website primarily involves editing its content and HTML coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines.

The acronym "SEO" can also refer to "search engine optimizers," a term adopted by an industry of consultants who carry out optimization projects on behalf of clients, and by employees who perform SEO services in-house. Search engine optimizers may offer SEO as a stand-alone service or as a part of a broader marketing campaign. Because effective SEO may require changes to the HTML source code of a site, SEO tactics may be incorporated into web site development and design. The term "search engine friendly" may be used to describe web site designs, menus, content management systems and shopping carts that are easy to optimize.

Another class of techniques, known as black hat SEO or Spamdexing, use methods such as link farms and keyword stuffing that degrade both the relevance of search results and the user-experience of search engines. Search engines look for sites that employ these techniques in order to remove them from their indices.

Where can i get any programs to automate the process?

Any ideas
rofun01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:07 AM   #2
realistic
Member.

Hi Friend,

Read your Question but sorry for I have no ideas.
realistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
jeffdell

Im not exactly sure what the question is? If your looking for a program to get SEO information on websites google SEO Quake, but as far as something that automates the SEO process, well, good luck.
jeffdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:49 PM   #4
Natalie

Hey frnd i didnt get it wat exactly u r tryng 2 ask??? pls b specify so dat v cn answer u...
Natalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:24 AM   #5
Arie

This seems to be the question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofun01 View Post
Where can i get any programs to automate the process?
The answer would depend on how your site is build.

For my vBulletin forum I use vBSEO. It has worked very well for me.
Arie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #6
soapnuts

Why not you try SEO software 'IBP'? If you need, i can give you the full software. Just PM me.
soapnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:44 PM   #7
webcool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdell View Post
Im not exactly sure what the question is? If your looking for a program to get SEO information on websites google SEO Quake, but as far as something that automates the SEO process, well, good luck.
Exactly I could not figure out what he wants to convey in the last line? I am waiting for clarification.
webcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
ronwits

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapnuts View Post
Why not you try SEO software 'IBP'? If you need, i can give you the full software. Just PM me.
Yes. IBP is a semi automatic kind of software. Although this is an SEO software, still it will require you to work hands-on on some stuffs.

PS: What version of IBP are you using. Could you share it with me?
ronwits is offline   Reply With Quote