Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-1999, 08:58 PM   #1
juice
Member.

Default gotoworld

just to let you all know, i signed up to
get paid by gotoworld to get paid 40 cents
an hour to surf the web, and i found their
program to be extremely annoying. after i downloaded and installed their browser, i put in my id and password only to find that
they did not have me listed as a member. not only that, but when i downloaded their program, they changed the startpages on my other browsers to the gotoworld homepage.
So in the tradition of all advantage, gotoworld seems to be a big promotional
gimmick. maybe people are actually being paid
by goto, but it is hardly worth having to use their browser for the rest of your internet life
juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-1999, 09:14 PM   #2
NanoTech

Hi,

I don't know if this is true or not, as I dont buy/sell/trade stocks, so I may be wrong. I was talking on IRC a few minutes a got myself in a debate in one of the channels on the legitimacy of Alladvantage and gotoworld. We all agreed that all advantage is a ****, and most of us felt the same with gotoworld. However, one person brought up the fact (dont know if its true) that goto is publically traded on the stock market. If they are, I am thinking that their program may actually be legit, as not to risk loosing stock value. Any input/ideas? Anyone know if they offer stock publically?

Dave
NanoTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-1999, 09:37 PM   #3
fairhousing
Member.

Stock prices are generally affected by profits, not how a company conducts business. Good business practices also aren't a requirement to issue stock, it's accounting. I think we've been thru this a million times on this board, alladvanatege and gotoworld. Anyways, I say everyone that joins those programs will be making easy money in no time, that's right no time, never, etc. Man, I told myself I wouldn't reply to anymore post about these programs, but o'well.

------------------
Isn't it time you started making some real money with your web site!
www.birminghamnet.com/cgi-bin/links/pages/WebmasterResources/MakingMoney

fairhousing is offline   Reply With Quote