Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2007, 02:55 PM   #1
Arie

Default Kontera

Hi,

Been a while since I posted here...

Yes, I have read the old threads about Kontera, but like I said, they're all pretty old.

Anyone with more recent experiences?

I got an email saying:

Quote:
We are in a position as a company now to start paying significantly higher cpms and revenue for traffic that we would like, due to our advertising campaign budgets tripling since a year ago.
My dilemma is that it would require me to replace Vibrant Media, which have been quite good revenue wise, and have proven themselfs to be very reliable for us.
Arie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:01 PM   #2
Del

I know a site with thier ads and I get some wierd error messages. I don't see thier ads much either. From what I've seen you might want to stick with what works unless it's declining or something. The idea with the style of the ads is fine but that error message isn't comforting.
Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:16 AM   #3
Kathy

I switched from VM to Kontera in July and have been thrilled with the difference in income. VM wasn't filling all the pages I provided (Or they claimed they didn't). Once I put the Kontera tags on the pages, same payment scale as VM, my income tripled. No error messages on the pages.
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:07 PM   #4
batcavenet
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

I have been using Kontera for a few months now- I would say it's a really good company. They always pay on time and the CPM is good.
batcavenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:23 PM   #5
lates2

How much are your CPM's on average with this Kontera program. I have seen a few publishers list their stats in some other forums and their CPMs has been around $1 - $2 which is not much, but they have never told me the type of site they are getting that on.

In other words if they are getting that from an entertainment site that earns low per click with Adsense, then that would be a good program, but if they are getting that from a site that earns them $15+ CPM from Adsense, then that is not much of an income.

Although saying this, people say that they have not seen any affect in their adsense earnings while using both at the same time.
lates2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:31 PM   #6
Sharkman

I recently switched from Vibrant to Kontera. Although the jury is still out for the final verdict, the results on the revenue side so far have been good.

Everyone's site / situation is different on the CPM side. My eCPM was well below $1 with Vibrant, but is probably twice what it used to be with Kontera.
Sharkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:31 AM   #7
lates2

Glad you are doing alright. What sort of site is it? In other words, what niche does the site belong to?
lates2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:27 AM   #8
paul.b

If you've got very high page views and lots of content(articles) Kontera would be a good option.
paul.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:03 PM   #9
keavin

Has anyone had recent experience? We're doing a test run with them now but the per click rate is about a 10th of what we are seeing with Vibrant. On the other hand, Vibrant isn't paying. I first got the run around from them last month, then last Thurs they promised the payment would be made that day. Still no payment a week later and two emails to our rep have gone unanswered. I see on other forums other people are having problems with getting paid as well, so I pulled their code.

But I was curious to see if anyone that uses Kontera sees a bump in the per click rate after their sites are "optimized" by Kontera or is the really low rate is the norm.
keavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:42 AM   #10
Arie

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavin View Post
On the other hand, Vibrant isn't paying. I first got the run around from them last month, then last Thurs they promised the payment would be made that day. Still no payment a week later and two emails to our rep have gone unanswered. I see on other forums other people are having problems with getting paid as well, so I pulled their code.
I checked, but we're still getting payed by Vibrant on the normal monthly basis.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:07 AM   #11
FG-alex

I've just started using Kontera. Got a few clicks but all they calculated up to is 1 cent. Might have to give it a few weeks to normalise, otherwise it's not really worth it.
FG-alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:12 AM   #12
FG-alex

I'm getting a much better eCPM for Kontera now, I can't say I'm dissapointed with the program. It's a nice compliment to AdSense.
FG-alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:27 PM   #13
bermuda

Nearly most of the ad publishing programs mentioned are excellent, but the basic, most important webmaster rule is not going to change and that is having proper websites traffic online, with traffic, all ads are going to pay great.
bermuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:07 AM   #14
bbmm1980

Sorry I don't like Kontera.
bbmm1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:53 AM   #15
Arie

Well... I've just switched over one of my sites to Kontera (4 days now), and so far I'm not impressed. Income is about 1/2 of what I used to get with Vibrant. I may give them another week (or two) to see if things will improve, but otherwise I'll switch that sit back to Vibrant.