Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-1999, 12:31 AM   #1
Tan

Default Please tell me this is "real"?

Thanks for having ClickQuick on internet..for people who enjoy making money on net.

I've been searching for a few months about making money on net..I decided to sign up about 10 sites to promote their site on my web page (I've been building..not finish yet) anyway..I am still not sure, is it okay to put real name and real address on internet for those companies application forms. I am very new on web page culture.

Of course it is exciting to make money on net cause I always use internet related to my study and my interest.

Has anyone get paid from all those affliate program and pay-per-click yet? Is it real? I signed up some site for being their membership for $40.00 they sent me login name..and I never heard from them again..no letter updated news for members..no response..etc. I am going to refund my money soon. I feel like surfing on a ghost's site..with no one there.
I hope I can hear from you guys who got paid from these programs..I'm dying to know that.

Thank you
Tan

Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-1999, 05:02 PM   #2
Ryan Kauffman

Tan, if you're signing up with a real affiliate program, you should have no worries about giving them your name and address. After all, if you gave them incorrect information, how would they possibly get your money to you.

Regarding whether these programs pay or not, the majority do. I would personally stick with well known programs, and those the Ryan rates highly on the ClickQuick site. Good luck with the web site.

------------------
NerdCash: Make Money Online
www.benefit-concepts.com/nerdcash
Ryan Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-1999, 05:13 PM   #3
Tan

Thank you simplesite and Ryan.
It is a very quick response from you guys and I'm so glad to hear someone's opinion..I'll keep trying..and look forward to receiving real check : ) from promoting thier site..I'll send updated news if any good things further heppens to me.

Again, Thank you : )))
Tan

Old 06-16-1999, 05:49 PM   #4
Ryan Adams

Tan,

Yes, most affiliate programs do pay as they promise. Some are more timely than others, and there are surely some bad apples...

As for giving your real name and address, you definitely should since many would be unable to pay you if they didn't know where to send the check...!

Also, I always recommend avoiding ANY program that requires you to pay a membership fee, or make a purchase of some kind to join, since most of these are designed so the only real way to make money is to try to refer other people to pay to join, with you receiving a commission for referring them. Most of these programs do not work, except for a select few very skilled at promoting them (and taking advantage of others I might add) and have a tendency to come and go quickly...

Hope this helps, and best wishes,

------------------
Ryan Adams
ClickQuick: Affiliate and pay-per-click programs reviewed
www.clickquick.com

Ryan Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-1999, 12:56 AM   #5
Tan

Thank you Ryan Adams,

You are unbeleivable to make this site alive and very helpful resource..I just finished viewing your site backgroud..and I'm so glad that I found ClickQuick..actually I was so slow..I should have found clickquick sooner. : (

You've been investing your time on this site alot..update it everyday..you deserved to win all of those awards!!

Thank you for your reply..I'll keep that in mind..and will come here regularly from now on.

: )))))

Million thanks!
Tan

Old 06-17-1999, 12:59 AM   #6
simplesite

Hi,
Out of the many sites you could have found to give real advice you were lucky enough to find one that actually cares.
Its a shame you didnt find it before you paid out good money.
My advise...stay clear of any buy in programs until you`ve seen what the free ones can do.
Check the reviews in this directory.
Stay clear of gambling sites.
Join that which enhances and marriages with your site.
Above all keep your money in your pocket.
Cheers for now,
Richard simplesite

------------------

simplesite is offline   Reply With Quote