Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-1999, 03:38 PM   #1
WildComputer

Default Next Card again

Hi I'm showing Credit card adverts on my site and getting a few click thrus on these.

Was previously just doing Future Card (for people who might have problems with another Credit Card) and some Clicktrade PPC.

Just adding the new WS Merrick Bank Credit Card offer to my site

Was thinking about adding Next Card too (which is more of a high income card if I understand it right). Question is which one - NextCard is in Clicktrade ($20), Web Sponsors ($10-$12) or LinkShare ($20). I'd have to join Linkshare to do them (not currently in it), so I was thinking of WS

Any comments ?
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-1999, 07:06 PM   #2
Ryan Adams

WC,

You can actually join the NextCard program through their own affiliate management system, allowing you to be able to avoid ClickTrade. See the review at: http://www.clickquick.com/affiliate/...e/nextcard.htm for details on the program and the referral link.

------------------
Ryan Adams
ClickQuick: Affiliate and pay-per-click programs reviewed
www.clickquick.com

Ryan Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-1999, 01:51 AM   #3
WildComputer

Thanks Ryan, I did see that, and actually clicked thru - but got the impression from the site is it's LinkShare managed.

THE CHECKS POINT

My point is really as I understand approval rate is pretty low, it's not worth me splitting off into yet another affiliate program to get an extra $8 per approval.

The problem is multiple checks from lots of small programs - it costs $13 for me to bank a US check.

THE CRITERIA POINT

One problem with all these credit card programs is that half of them you never know how they track it.

For example:-
1. Visa Future - these guys are the only ones that are clear. They pay less per-lead than some others - but the leads are well defined. I understand about 85-90% of people who click thru and fill in the form get counted.

2. Merrick Visa (WS) - IIRC it's pay-per-lead but a lead is not clearly defined. As this is new to WS I'm taking a gamble, and trying it.

3. NextCard (WS) - IIRC it's pay-per-lead. IIRC somebody on this board said they've sent a lot of clicks and never had a lead.

4. Next Card (Clicktrade) - no definition of lead/sale.

With a credit card they can obviously be several steps
(i) Click-thru
(ii) Person fills out the form
(iii) Is form valid data ?
(iv) Is person eligible ?
(v) Is person approved ? [several possible steps here]
(vi) Is card issued

Now the time period between (i) and (vi) can be months. Obviously credit card companies want to reach stage (vi) - but I would suggest it would be better to pay affiliates when they reach step (iv), even if it's less-per-lead.

I also understand that quite often financial services companies are able to use the data from unapproved applications too (for other purposes).

The only people who do this, and are clear about it is the Future Card AFAIK (others may do it, but if they do, I don't know about it (quite possible), or they're not very clear about it)

[This message has been edited by WildComputer (edited 05-22-99).]
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote