Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Google Search Engine and AdWords
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2007, 04:10 AM   #1
montyauto
Member.

Thumbs up How to know that a website is SEO friend

I have few question:

-How do we know that a website is SEO friendly or not and how to verify?
-Is there any benefit to SEO by making frequently updating your website every day automaticaly?

I expect few points and inputs from all of you.
montyauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:09 AM   #2
solidghost

I don't have the anser to your first question. It's all relative anyway.

For your 2nd question, if your update your site everyday, search engine spiders may visit your site more often. And that is a good thing, assuming that you have enough bandwidth and server juice.
solidghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #3
PaperclipCMS

since question two has been answered, i will try my best to answer question one. A search engine friendly website will have search engine friendly URL's (no long strings of &?-=89 etc). They will have properly implemented meta tags, high quality content, a good information architecture, lots of unique content, well linked (both internally and externally). Search engine friendly websites will also usually be a little older (yes, Google takes into account a sites age), and they will also be updated often.

these are just a few of the things you can do to search engine optimize your site.
PaperclipCMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:40 PM   #4
brotherZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyauto View Post
I have few question:

-How do we know that a website is SEO friendly or not and how to verify?
-Is there any benefit to SEO by making frequently updating your website every day automaticaly?

I expect few points and inputs from all of you.
If you get tons of traffic from search engines, it is probably because your website is SEO friendly.
Make sure that all the keywords that you are targetting appear on your website body.
Also, your most important keywords should be on your title.
The URLs that you have should also have the keywords on them.
brotherZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:13 PM   #5
meanne2007

I think it will determine if your site is SEO friendly when theres a bunch of traffic and when a visitors return to your site often.
meanne2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:28 AM   #6
cashloan

* For search-engine friendliness, a good place to start is the Poodle Predictor .

* As for updating your site, many search engines--especially Google--are placing a lot of emphasis of the freshness of your page. New content means (in theory) more relevant content, that updates with the times. Between pages otherwise equal, the fresher page will usually rank higher. And that freshness is both important for content on your page and links into your page. For optimal SEO in Google, you should be generating new content and building new links monthly.

Hope that helps...
cashloan is offline   Reply With Quote