Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2007, 12:22 AM   #1
wsz

Exclamation Highest Minimum Payment You Ever Saw?

Yikes.

I've look over a lot of Terms-and-Conditions, and seen some fairly intimidating rules. But even this surprised me...

http://www.performance-network.com.a...onditions.html
Quote:
Commission payment totals must exceed $1,000 or other higher defined payment threshold, otherwise this payment will not be made until the $1,000 or higher agreed payment threshold minimum is reached. International (Affiliates, Publishers, Partners) (outside of Australia) agree to a minimum $3,000 to be reached.
That is about US$791. But, of course, if you are in the US (or anywhere besides Australia) you have their higher minimum. Which is about US$2,373.

!!!

Just to qualify for your first payment! And every payment thereafter!

Nothing against this particular network. They might perform just great. But... uhm... wow... that's tough...
wsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:22 AM   #2
Jan

Administrator

Wow, and $3000 for overseas people!
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:55 PM   #3
thegauntlet

there was one company that was a min $1k payout and if you didn't hit it, you forfeit your $, no carryover. They claim this was just to work with sites that gave them high volumes of traffic. I signed up with them and cpm's were really good. Turned out to be too good as by the 20th of the month, I had $991 and then my cpm's dropped to a few cents. So basically I didn't get paid anything.
thegauntlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:02 AM   #4
mnb456x
Member.

minimum $3,000 ------ can be paid?
mnb456x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:35 PM   #5
bloggymommy

That's insane. This doesn't directly relate, but there is some "Get paid to" site that starts with an "A" (Aplogle or something, I can't remember) that has a payout of $25,000...
bloggymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:02 PM   #6
lates2

I guess that is a very good example of a network that doesn't really want many publishers to take part in their network. At least it will only make the serious publishers to signup and take part in their network, but even them will be weary due to the high min payout levels.

I wouldn't signup to it due to the high payouts. It's to high I think.
lates2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:57 PM   #7
Chet

There's no way I would ever work with that and would never recommend anyone else to either. That's way to much of an investment to find out later down the road that the company does not pay.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:39 PM   #8
sclick

Hi ... Chet took the words right off my keyboard. Ouch! $3000 minimum payout is a great way to earn piles of interest on unpaid commissions. Exploitive, at the very least; criminal, at the worst. Thanks for the heads up.
sclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:41 AM   #9
Asuran
Member.

I've never trusted companies like them!
Its obviously a big lie for the pie!

Last edited by Asuran; 11-30-2007 at 10:43 AM.
Asuran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:52 PM   #10
VP-Kaumil

Would be easy if the commissions were $1000 a piece
VP-Kaumil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:53 PM   #11
Czar

Webmaster

Kaumil Patel is back!

It's great to see so many Geek/Talk veterans returning to the Village. Welcome.

On the topic at hand, I've never seen an affiliate program or network offer terms like these and while I can understand the reasoning behind why a reputable network may choose to do this (which could be more to do with filtering out the small fish, rather than hoping to hold their payments in perpetuity), it would take an awful lot to convince most publishers to place that much faith in a network.

Personally, I wouldn't join a network that offered minimum payouts at anything above 100 US or EU, unless it peddled only high ticket items or was geared up to function more as a reseller program that offers real value right off the bat.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:35 PM   #12
lates2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP-Kaumil View Post
Would be easy if the commissions were $1000 a piece
It may be easy if the commissions where that big, but what about if it were costing you around $600 to get each sale. So 3 sales and you would have made $3000 meaning you have reached minimum payout if it was set at $3000. Now you would have spent $1800 and if you don't get paid, you would have lost a lot of money and gained the merchant a lot in return.
lates2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:04 PM   #13
sam1

With this kind of economy I would be scared to to trust any company like that too!
sam1 is offline   Reply With Quote