Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-1999, 02:33 AM   #1
Ericy

Default Guarentee 100,000 hits a month?????

Hello

I have seen a lot of those promises of 100,000 to 1 million hits a month by using their banner or link exchange. You know those places where you agree to display 6 banners on your site and you get people to sign up under you and your banner gets displayed on their sites and any other sites that get sign up under the person that originally sign up under you. I personally think that this is highlt unlikely to work!!

Has anyone ever found success with those services??? Or does anyone has any opinion at all about it???
Ericy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-1999, 07:52 AM   #2
CreditClicks

Hi,

I would not waste my time with them. Surfers generally ignore banner ads. And with your banner with 5 others I think that it is unlikely that it would generate enogh click-throughs to make it worth it. You would be better offer using that space for an affiliate program that relates to your content.

------------------
Vince
webmaster@CreditClicks.com
www.CreditClicks.com

[This message has been edited by CreditClicks (edited 04-24-99).]
CreditClicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-1999, 03:37 AM   #3
Edwin

It's a banner version of the "Make Money Fast" meme that has been around the Web for ages... basically a **** that's not worth spending 30 seconds on.

Edwin

------------------
Free Email Address Directory: 550+ free email services. http://www.emailaddresses.com/

Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote