Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2005, 10:00 PM   #1
CLKeenan

Default Orion Holtby exposed thanks to David Eastbrook of HDM

I'm not sure if you all follow Wayne Porter, one of the columnists at revenews.com but he has recently done a number of articles about Orion Holtby and Direct Revenue.

You can read all of the articles here:

http://revenews.com/wayneporter/

-Chris
CLKeenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:06 PM   #2
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Lightbulb

Danka Chris

Both David of HDM and Mr. Orion Holtby are members of GV with posting priviliges. Lace up your armor boys and lets see Mr. Holtby talk to David. Maybe we could throw DR into the mix for some after dinner entertainment. I would love to hear the other side of the story in a civil and respectfull fashion as I'm sure NYAG Spitzer would.

I said it on Wayne's blog so I guess I can do a fair use exstraction of my own post LOL:

"...Respectfully, some of YOU Network geeks who insist on doing business with any old Tom or Jane could use a lesson in due dillegence.

To whit, a bunch of 20 something Publishers understand what needs to be done. Do YOU?

Take a gander at this thread which of course features none other than Orion and carefully read it. Exibit Y at:

http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...threadid=26411 .."

Source: http://www.revenews.com/wayneporter/...es/000923.html

I'm so very proud of our members for the due dillegence which they perform.

Note: Soon the Google bot will visit and spider those names in the topic title.

Last edited by Steve_S; 08-31-2005 at 11:10 PM.
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:34 PM   #3
deastbrook

Love to chat with Orion. Been wanting to for some time. Know some other folks who'd like a word or two as well.

David Eastbrook
deastbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:34 AM   #4
Czar

Webmaster

Very interesting to see this all come to light.

Unfortunately, Orion's previous operations and the unethical nature of the networks through whom he has operated previously have been known to Geek/Talk regulars for some time. While myself and a few others were taking the diplomatic route in trying to encourage Orion away from the "dark side" within the thread to which Steve linked, it seems that our advice failed to stick.

It's terribly sad to see that others accrued losses through dealing with Orion in recent months. Hopefully HDM and other affected companies will be able to recover some of their substantial losses through appropriate legal action.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:27 AM   #5
OnlineGuide

Kudos to Mr. Eastbrook. I think it would also help to mention if publishers stop running to new networks (I.E. PublisherCash, NConextMedia, ImpressionUp, Vista Interactive (and their other names), etc.) Everyone would be in much better off. If they have no publishers, then they cannot ***** anyone.. I believe several posts (including yours truly) typed this before. In my opinion, networks like these give other networks a bad name.
OnlineGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:31 PM   #6
deastbrook

Default Gotcha Orion!

http://www.course-notes.org/hurricane/?p=1
Old 09-03-2005, 01:36 AM   #7
Sashman

Here are a couple more of his sites :

onthedotmedia.com

24/7 Enquiries: (604) 562-6351
On the Dot Media Inc.
998 Thurlow st.
Vancouver, B.C V6H 1L7

www.680180.net

#2300 - 1055 Dunsmuir St.
Vancouver, B.C
Canada, V5T 2Y5
Phone: 778.888.8996

www.popmonster.com

#2300 - 1055 Dunsmuir St.
Vancouver, B.C
Canada, V5T 2Y5
Phone: 604.910.8979

whois popmonster.com (cached version)

680180 BC LTD
Orion Holtby **********@yahoo.com)
+1.7788897449
Fax: +1.6048738979
2915 Ontario
Vancouver, BRITISH COLUMBIA V5T 2Y5
CA

-- Gowling Lafleur & Henderson is an attorney group that acts as a name of record for both 680180 and popmonster. If you are looking to track him down you may want to start there.
Sashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 02:28 AM   #8
cheezdoodle

Quote:
Originally posted by OnlineGuide
Kudos to Mr. Eastbrook. I think it would also help to mention if publishers stop running to new networks (I.E. PublisherCash, NConextMedia, ImpressionUp, Vista Interactive (and their other names), etc.) Everyone would be in much better off. If they have no publishers, then they cannot ***** anyone.. I believe several posts (including yours truly) typed this before. In my opinion, networks like these give other networks a bad name.
I'm just wondering, what do you have against Impression Up? It's not nice to just slander someone like that and not back it up with something so people know where that is coming from.

Today I actually got my July payment from them, in full and exactly how I expected. Net 30 to them means that the check is in your mailbox 30 days after the month is over, which is the way it's supposed to be. No complaints from my end from working from them.
cheezdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 02:44 AM   #9
deastbrook

Default Impressionup?

Anyone wanting to know about an ad network or other entity is welcome to contact us via PM, through our website, or through our blog.

I can answer your question, but I won't do so in a public forum at this time.

David Eastbrook
Hurricane Digital Media, LLC
deastbrook@hurricanedigitalmedia.com
Old 09-05-2005, 03:34 AM   #10
Sashman

Default AdLogix take 2

www.sydys.com
www.trafficaces.com (sydys's only property)

sydys corp -

SYDYS CORP
FormB-2/A Filing Date:5/20/2005

Christopher Schilling - president, principal executive officer and
a member of the board of directors

Jason H. Baybutt - secretary, treasurer, principal financial
officer, principal accounting officer member of the board of directors

Christopher Schilling was president of AdLogix and Baybutt was an officer of AdLogix.

Last edited by Sashman; 09-05-2005 at 09:49 AM.
Sashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 02:06 PM   #11
drbones

HOLY ****!

Im within walkin distance of his thurlow and dunmuir offices!
drbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 02:14 AM   #12
deastbrook

Exclamation Seeking [alleged] fraud victims of Orion Holtby, et al

Hurricane Digital Media, in conjunction with US federal law enforcement authorities, is seeking publishers and others who have [allegedly] been defrauded by Orion Holtby, Hamed Vaghayenegar, and/or the following companies:

Adserving.us
nContext Media
Adacuity
Publishercash
Creatrixads
Adlogix

If you are the victim of advertiser fraud perpetrated by someone not on this list, please report that as well.

We will be presenting the case to the US Attorneys office and Canadian law enforcement for criminal prosecution.

We are seeking the following information (we’ll use Hurricane as an example):

• Who are you?
o Hurricane Digital Media
• How may we contact you?
o deastbrook@hurricanedigitalmedia.com
• Where are you located?
o Madison, Wisconsin
o USA
• Are you willing to be contacted by US law enforcement?
o YES
• Who defrauded you?
o Orion Holtby
o Adserving.us
• What is the amount of the fraud?
o $54,000.00 USD
• When did this occur?
o Q2 2005
• Are you interested in pursuing criminal charges?

Please feel free to give as much or as little information as you are comfortable with. The more we know about each individual story, the easier and faster it will be to obtain indictments, extraditions, etc.

Please contact us with any questions or information you may have.

ALL INFORMATION AND SOURCES WILL BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL.

Thank you,

David Eastbrook

Last edited by Czar; 12-01-2005 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:30 AM   #13
Czar

Webmaster

After careful consideration, we have decided to allow this thread to continue, but wish to assert that GeekVillage, iOnline and its proprietors have no official interest in this case. The continuation of this thread should also not be interpreted as a subjective judgement on our behalf. This does not represent our support for the case or our belief in the guilt of the accused parties, as this has yet to be proven in a court of law.

If the parties accused of these fraudulent activities are found to be guilty, however, we do wish David and other victims all the best in seeking appropriate damages and hope that this will discourage the formation and operation of fraudulent networks in the future.

Members, please feel free to contact David privately or to post your information and claims here for review.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #14
DwayneRobinson

Still looking for Orion?
DwayneRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote