Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs > Making Money with Regional Affiliate Programs and Networks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2006, 12:00 PM   #1
betusa

Default What Affiliates Want?

Hi there!

I'm John Dixon, the Affiliate Manager (gambling market).
I believe this post will be useful for both Affiliates and Merchants.

The reason I'm posting on this forum is to get your thoughts on developments in partner/affiliate programs.
Some of them are totally outdated, others are offering cutting edge promotional technologies to their affiliates.

I'd like to ask all Webmasters: what are the keythings you look for in a partner/affiliate program?

For example, our company offers personalized landing pages, customized graphics, reviews, articles, rss/xml feeds and more...

Look forward to reading your views.

Thanks,
John
betusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:57 PM   #2
ebusinesstutor

Hi John,

As the owner of my own traffic exchange, I am always on the lookout for new affiliate programs to promote within the system, since I can send a LOT of traffic to the right program.

And, as a professional speaker on Internet marketing, I have an excellent idea of what programs will work.

Here is what I look for:

1. Generous commissions.
2. Powerful landing page that works hard to convert my traffic to sales. MOST I see are very poor - especially in the MLM field.
3. Followup system for leads I've created to maximize my commissions.
4. Nice statistics tracking and presentation. NOT like ClickBank.
5. Good selection of graphic ad sizes and messages.
6. Good selection of recommended text ads.
7. Training resources to show affiliates how to make money using the program, ie audio, video and text.
8. Forum area where affiliates can share ideas.
9. Downline builder.
10. Multiple landing pages to choose from.

I'm sure there is more, but this is what comes to mind off the top of my head.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:10 AM   #3
Aaron111
Member.

John thats great
heres a tip make sure your domain has atleast 2 key words in the domain of your affiliat business! secondly I am starting a huge affiliate blog fwould like join my affilate marketing blog? yes or no is fine working togehther is the best way to structure a good team of affiliates no matter if they are in a different field like me im in the health feid but I make good money I could learn from your business as well as you learning from mine
Aaron111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
sam1

Before you contemplate implementing an affiliate program, ensure that your product is rock solid and your site is presentable. Affiliates (aka publishers) don't want to send valuable traffic to pages that won't convert or to products that don't work
sam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:55 PM   #5
tardist

key thing i look for in affiliate relationship is whether people are talking money. I don't want to talk about anything else. Thats what its all about after all.

best,

tardist
tardist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:59 AM   #6
interval

In my opinion the most important thing is the product/service. If it has a good market, then many webmasters will affiliate. After that comes comission and the rest (support, etc)
interval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:46 PM   #7
jack dotson

I tend to agree with what all your other replies said. I know the bottom line for me is commission. But, to get that, you must have a product that is worth something. Alot of times, I only skim, just to find I am trying to promote a product that has no value. In this business, you have to judge a book by it's cover. There are cases, when I'll purchase the product just to see if it is as valuable as I feel it needs to be for me to promote it. But, the cover really has to impress me before I purchase it.
So, commission, good to great value (i want repeat customers), good looks! Of course what ebusinesstutor said pretty much is what I want in an affiliate program. I guess my comments were mostly aimed at what I want in an affiliate product.
Anyway, don't know if this helps or not, just my thoughts!
jack dotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:30 AM   #8
PatsSimiamori

Default What Affiliates Want

Please list the things you look for.
I want to get a rough idea of what the client looks for, then work on finding new nonabusive ways to make profitable income on that.

I know theres a way, its just not one that everyone else does.
So yeah...
PatsSimiamori is offline   Reply With Quote