Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Business Principles > Traditional (Offline) Marketing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2006, 11:56 PM   #1
Darryl

Default Press Releases

Can anyone recommend good methods for distributing press releases? We've got a few big announcements coming up and I'd like to get the word out - there seem to be a billion "blast your press release" sites, though most seem to be of questionable quality.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Darryl
Darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:46 PM   #2
thegauntlet

The best way is to hire a company that specializes in this sort of thing. Since you have a music site, and I am assuming this is for that site, try www.beatwire.com . I do believe they charge as I remember paying last year, but they sent my press release to tons of media outlets. I got 3 radio interviews out of it, and 2 site crashes from the extra traffic!
I must say I am not affiliated with Beat Wire in any way, just a great service for entertainment sites, bands, etc to get the word out. Outsourcing is great in circumstances like these.
thegauntlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 02:07 PM   #3
Darryl

Beatwire looks great - and yes, you're right to assume this is about LyricFind. They're definitely cheaper than PRNewswire ($645) and they seem to hit all the right places we need.

Thanks for the recommendation!
Darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:26 AM   #4
trialofmiles

I've heard good things about prweb.com

They've been around for a while (1997), they're popular, and I think they're cheaper than PRNewswire.
trialofmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:07 PM   #5
Czar

Webmaster

Yes, PRweb are much cheaper than PRNewswire, and their releases are picked up by the majors quite frequently. Some people even use PRweb solely for the purpose of building inbound links, due to the strength of its reach and the low cost involved.

Darryl, you could also of course target a few dozen key publications directly. Doing so often increases your chances of being picked up; particularly if you're interested in gaining traditional ink and not just online coverage.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:14 PM   #6
Sandia

Default PRWeb at $80.

Once a month builds incredible links and traffic.

It's a well known secret.

---

Edited to add...

Don't dismiss your local media. It costs very little to send a press release and then show up a day or two after they receive it and ask what they thought. This will get results. Once you show up, they have a known quantity and you have a much better shot than anyone sending an anonymous release. Remember - editors are looking for stories. If you are newsworthy - help them out in person.

Last edited by Sandia; 06-27-2006 at 05:17 PM.
Sandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:37 AM   #7
etechsupport

I would suggest to taste the response from free PR sites with good reader base and good Page rank especially from your niche categories rather than directly looking for paid services.
etechsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:57 AM   #8
hostNpost

prweb is great, just watch out, they try and upsell you a couple times.
There is also 24-7pressrelease.com and prleap.com and prfree.com but i havent tried these yet.
hostNpost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:57 PM   #9
gravtex

The two press release services I use most frequently are PRweb.com and PRleap.com. PRleap is a lot cheaper, but this tends to be a "you get what you pay for" kind of deal. Both build links, but I find that I get two to three times more traffic and better exposure when I submit a press release on PRweb so if you've got real news you want to share with the world, that's who I'd recommend you go with.

Gary
gravtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:34 PM   #10
UCHil

PRWeb was good once, but the service level went down a lot since they sold their service. Earlier you got over 100k views on your release and now you get about 30% for the same "upgrade level".

I would recommend ereleases.com as they distribute over many pr firms like prnewswire (which is normally more expensive). There are a few other interesting ones like presszoom.com and openpr.com

Good luck with your marketing needs
UCHil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #11
DaddyHalbucks

I do it by hand. It takes a few days, but it has great results.
DaddyHalbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:41 AM   #12
primeelite

PRWeb for $80 does work. The other free ones I have tried and it amounts to just what those article websites where only thing you get in return for the most part is SEO. I never got any calls or emails from the free press release distributors.
primeelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:27 AM   #13
COSMOSCreative
Member.

that is great way for distribution :-)
COSMOSCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #14
Strider

I have used PRWeb in the past but it was quite awhile ago. I had great results about half the time and nothing the other half but that is probably pretty typical as not all my releases were that great.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:53 AM   #15
lunaticfrog

Just try to choose from any of these lists...

http://nakedpr.com/2007/07/29/big-li...ibution-sites/
http://www.ecentralmarketing.com/200...sion-list.html
http://www.samplepressrelease.info/freesubmit.htm
http://www.avangate.com/articles/pre...ibution_69.htm
lunaticfrog is offline   Reply With Quote