Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Google Search Engine and AdWords
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2006, 06:57 PM   #1
Larwee

GeekGuide

Default New PageRank tool

We all probably say things at times which we feel are right on the mark. Events and time can often show we were way off the mark.

Ken Olsen was the president of Digital Equipment. In 1977 he made the following statement:
Quote:
There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home.
A lot has been said about PageRank. Some people almost live and die thinking about PageRank. Some of us feel those people put much more importance into PageRank than they should.

It is possible to have an interest in PageRank for a variety of reasons. If that is the case with you, there is a new PageRank tool that you might find very interesting. There are two ways you can use it.

If you have a page, you can find the PageRank of that page and if it has links on the page it will also display the PageRank of every link on the page. To do that use the following link. Type the URL in the box and the click Go http://www.webmastereyes.com

Another thing you can do is have the PageRank of any, or all pages of your site display their PageRank right on the page so that people can see your PageRank even if they don't have a Google Toolbar. There is HTML code for you to add to each webpage on which you would like this to be done. Here is the link to that http://www.webmastereyes.com/pagerank.php

Last edited by Larwee; 04-22-2006 at 07:02 PM.
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 07:29 PM   #2
masm50

That's a pretty cool tool there Larwee.
If they could get it to work as an overlay that would be even better

Tim
masm50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:35 PM   #3
Textlinksguru
Member.

very nice!!
Textlinksguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:13 AM   #4
thinksupport

Great - I have bookmarked your link
thinksupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:32 AM   #5
Larwee

GeekGuide

Quote:
Great - I have bookmarked your link
I just want to make it clear that isn't my link. I have no association with it at all. I have suggested numerous links in Geek/Talk posts. I have never made any post about anything I'm connected with and never will. In fact, it would be self promotion and that is against the rules.

I realize by "your link" you might have been saying the link I posted rather than it actually being a link that belongs to me, but I just wanted to clear this up just in case.
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:21 PM   #6
lindsey

Thats sweet. This is the first time I seen such a tool to get all the links correct as far as Page Rank goes. I would highly recommend this Page Rank tool and will bookmark it. Thumbs up and kudos. It's about time a Page Rank tool works correctly.
lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:00 AM   #7
Jan

Administrator

I have had that bookmarked for a while, but forgot about it till now as I am not a PR groupy I gave my new site a try and it it a PR2 now.

One thing that surprised me, on one of my oldest sites, a remote page that I ditched and meant to remove altogether, showed PR8 with that tool Checking it in IE with the google toolbar on, it showed as 4, which still surprised me as it has sat there for about six years doing nothing There isn't much on it and I may have a few links within the whole site to it, but it doesn't make sense at all.
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:55 AM   #8
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Hmm I tried one of my sites, it shows "6" in the picture but says "PageRank of ... is 5" above it. The other ones I tried are accurate though, so seems like a decent tool.

BTW, for those of you using Firefox, I recommend the "SearchStatus" extension, which shows you PageRank and Alexa rank, as well as gives you a bunch of useful links nstuff for all sites you visit.
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote