Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FRIENDS: The geek/talk Community > Technical Questions about geek/talk > Help Me - FAQ - Lost Geek (Read Only)
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2006, 08:28 PM   #31
praveen

Woohoo!!!

been away for some time and the upgrade looks great

only downside is the header (logo) takes up most of the screen and u have to scroll down to see the forums
maybe thats a way of getting ppl to signup for the adfree version..

but its a pain having to scroll down every time to read or post..
praveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:58 PM   #32
Rivux
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czar
The ad free skin may be here even sooner than that. We just need enough time to ensure that this one's fine and dandy before modding it.
Any update on when the ad free skin will be back. I am getting tired of looking at these ads, especially since I paid to get rid of them in the first place
Rivux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:04 PM   #33
Czar

Webmaster

I'm waiting on a hack for that one. I thought that vB 3.5.3 would be able to restrict user selectable skin choices to only particular usergroups, but outside of the admin/mod group, that isn't the case.

I actually do have the ad-free skin available right now and some of the mods are using it, but until a hack is finished, I can't make it available to CGs only. That shouldn't be too long...

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:59 AM   #34
Czar

Webmaster

Default Contributing Geeks - LOOK HERE

To Rivux and our other CGs, please note that your ad-free skin is now available for selection.

If this hack has worked correctly, as it seems to have, you should be able to scroll down to the bottom of this page and a drop-down skin selector should appear in the lower left-hand corner. If you are a CG, this should now contain an option for the cleverly titled "geek/talk ad free skin for CGs." Select this to browse Geek/Talk in an ad free environment.

Two other skins (one public and another ad-free skin in an alternative colour scheme) will be available for selection in about a week. Until then, enjoy your first ad-free skin!

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:35 AM   #35
Rivux
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Its working great, thanks Czar.

One thing I noticed and wasnt sure if it was posted before, is that even when you are logged in it still shows the "register now" graphic. Might be nice to remove that for people who are already logged in.
Rivux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:42 AM   #36
dojo

Well, what a nice facelift

Excellent work, congratulations for it..

Just one thing .. make the layout smaller than the 100% width .. I would make it 94% for instance (doesn't look that good when it spans all through the page ..

But anyway .. it's a very nice change
dojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:34 PM   #37
maddeningcrowds

I second that suggestion - a little margin at the left and right edges would make it look even better
maddeningcrowds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 04:41 PM   #38
jcourtenay

id say try changing the colours round a bit
jcourtenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:19 PM   #39
webbyone

Thumbs up The New Geek Village

Just wanted to say, I haven't been to this site in over six months and the new look is great! Very high tech looking.
webbyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:03 AM   #40
Jan

Administrator

Glad you like it webbyone Welcome to the "village"
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote