Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2005, 10:30 AM   #1
Czar

Webmaster

Default Google payment status update

As many of you who have both AdWords and AdSense accounts would be aware, a glitch affected Google's payment round this month. In short, payments for AdSense were mistakingly dispatched to the addresses that members had on file with AdWords for those who maintain accounts with both services.

If you have an account with AdSense and AdWords registered under the same email address and were expecting a payment from AdSense about now, please read and respond to the following time-sensitive annoucement from Google:
Quote:
Hello,

We wish to update you regarding the status of your September
payment. As mentioned in our previous email, the payee name and
address information from your Google AdWords account was printed
on your check instead of the information in your AdSense
account.

Publishers affected by this issue fall into three groups:

1. I am able to receive payment at my AdWords address and my
bank will accept the check

Action: No additional action is necessary. You should have
already received payment or will receive it shortly at the
address specified in your AdWords account.

2. I have already contacted Google requesting a stop payment.

Action: No additional action is necessary. We have started the
reissue process for your payment, and have placed a stop payment
on your check. A new check will be mailed to you within one week
to the payee name and address associated with your AdSense
account. In order to speed up the delivery of your payment, we
will send your check via DHL express delivery, at no additional
cost to you.

3. I am unable to receive payment at the address listed in my
AdWords account, or my bank will not accept the check and I have
NOT yet contacted Google AdSense.

Action: Please reply to this email *adsense-support [at] google.com) by October 12th and request
that we reissue your check.We will then place a stop payment on
your check and new check will be mailed to you within one week
to the payee name and address associated with your AdSense
account. In order to speed up the delivery of your payment, we
will send your check via DHL express delivery, at no additional
cost to you.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delay in
receiving your payment.

Sincerely,

The Google AdSense Team

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 02:11 PM   #2
Larwee

GeekGuide

This is a smart move by Google, even though it is one that was made to keep them from looking bad. But a good company does the right thing when they need to.

This didn't apply to me, but I was very interested in this because of the way Google handled it at first and how upset many people were.

As most probably know, Google was just going to wait and send this payment with the next payment. This was making people wait a month longer for their money due to a mistake by Google. Most didn't think that was fair. Google sees it that way now as well, and that is good. But, this is something that they really should have noticed at first. They made a mistake so they should have taken these steps right away rather than waiting until so many people became upset with them.
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 09:06 AM   #3
Czar

Webmaster

Those who did request a re-issue, have you received your payment via DHL as yet?

We're based in Australia and so expect a moderate delay, but haven't yet received a DHL tracking number or the replacement cheque in question as yet. This seems slower than what had been suggested by Google within their email correspondence.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote