Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
Bondings

Default Standard Internet acquires Claxon

I really didn't expect this to happen.

Quote:
Standard Internet Corp. acquires Claxon Media, LLC

Standard Internet Corp, a Mount Laurel, NJ based pioneer in internet advertising, recently announced that its bid to purchase Philadelphia, PA based internet advertising firm Claxon Media was successful.

Mount Laurel, NJ September 7th, 2005 . After an exceptionally strong second full quarter in operations, internet advertising network Claxon Media accepted a bid to be acquired by Standard Internet Corp.

Standard Internet.s CEO, Robert Mooney, is obviously pleased with the acquisition. .We felt the time was right to expand our brand into more traditional internet advertising offerings,. said Mooney. .We set up and managed Claxon.s ad serving and affiliate payment infrastructure, so we were very comfortable making this investment..

We had made a conscious decision to stay away from this area of the ad market,. said Ron Holiday, Standard Internet.s president. .But demand from our long time advertisers and our close relationship with Claxon put us in a position to really capitalize on the investment already made and grow Claxon into a solid ad network with strong financial backing,. continued Holiday.

Claxon.s sales and customer support staff will relocate to Standard Internet.s Mount Laurel, NJ offices effective September 19, 2005. Technical support and affiliate services were already performed in Mount Laurel and will continue at the same location.

About Standard Internet Corp.
Founded in 1997, Standard Internet Corp. is a world leader in per click and impression based affiliate advertising. Among other innovations, Standard pioneered the effective use of pop window advertising with the launch of PopUpTraffic.com in 1999, the first such program on the Internet. Standard Internet currently manages the accounts of over 9000 affiliates placing their ads on over 25,000 active websites worldwide. Further information on Standard Internet can be found on their websites at http://www.StandardInternet.com and http://www.Claxon.com

Daniel Owens
Standard Internet Corp.
14000 Commerce Parkway, Suite G
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
USA
609-642-0130
pr@claxon.com
Bondings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 12:55 PM   #2
Robert from SI
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Both I and the Patel's figured that we'd make an offer for the whole shebang at some point.

They did a great job with getting Claxon up and rolling. Now we're going to take it to the next step.

This has been an exciting and HECTIC week for SI and for me personaly.

Aside from buying another company.....I'm getting married tommorow!!

Last edited by Robert from SI; 09-08-2005 at 12:59 PM.
Robert from SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 01:13 PM   #3
deastbrook

Default Congratulations Robert!

The folks at Hurricane extend our best wishes and warmest congratulations on your marriage.

Best,

David Eastbrook
deastbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 01:18 PM   #4
praveen

Firstly,

Congrats Robert

what on earth are you doing here with your marriage tomorrow.. go on! u got a wedding to take care of

this is a surprise news.
looks like its the month of purchases and mergers

now i should apply to them and c wat happens
praveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 01:23 PM   #5
Robert from SI

Thank you David and Praveen.

I'm able to be in the office today because everyone else took care of everything. I'm just the monkey in the tuxedo.

And, to give Larwee his props, yesterday he started a thread about increased ad demand and stated: "Experts are expecting this to cause some new mergers." He knows his stuff.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:29 PM   #6
Adpepper

Congrats Robert on both. Good luck with the wedding!
Adpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:50 PM   #7
Larwee

GeekGuide

Congratulations Robert on both marriages - the Standard Internet/Claxon marriage and your wedding.

Thanks for the nice words also. When you get a chance it would be nice if you would post your thoughts in that thread since you could be said to be the CEO of an advertising network. It would be interesting to see your comments.

I know that right now you have a lot of other things on your mind. Perhaps after the wedding and honeymoon you might post some pictures in Geek/Gallery http://www.geekvillage.com/geek_gallery/
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:14 AM   #8
JFS

congrats on your wedding
best of life for you both
JFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 01:04 PM   #9
Steve_S

Thumbs up

Robert,

Congrats and best wishes to you and your team for the acquisition of Claxon.

Warm thoughts and a life filled with joy for you and your new wife.
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 02:44 AM   #10
Czar

Webmaster

WOW!

I'm not nearly as surprised about the Claxon acquisition as I am to hear that you're now a married man, Robert. Congratulations!!!

This is definitely your year. You're now smack bang back in the online advertising headlines and you're entering a wonderful new phase of your personal life. I wish you the very best of luck with both new ventures and hope that you not only take Claxon to a new level of success, but that your lovely new wife helps to take you to a new level of happiness.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV

Last edited by Czar; 09-11-2005 at 02:44 AM.
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 08:52 AM   #11
Robert from SI

Steve, Czar, JFS, Thanks for all the warm wishes. Everything went smoothly on Friday night and the ball & chain is now firmly attached to my ankle.

I'm back in the office until Friday and then I'll be away on my honeymoon for a week.

Larwee, I'm a little too private to post wedding pics...but my honeymoon trip should be pretty cool and I'll have connectivity so maybe I can do something in the gallery from there.

Re: Claxon. We're already seeing some positive results. We had a number of new affilate joins over the weekend from webmasters that saw the press and a few of our long time pop advertisers immediately bought banner campaigns. Works out well for everyone.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:04 PM   #12
masm50

Congratulations on tieing the knot Robert, and good luck with the future of Claxon.

Tim
masm50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 04:44 PM   #13
cyburrr

Congratulations on both your acquisitions - I'm sure both will be successful and bring lifelong rewards. Bless you both.
cyburrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 06:33 PM   #14
demae

Wow, Claxon approves my application automatically too (just like other Standard Internet programs). I'm going to be trying them out on a new site soon.
demae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:14 PM   #15
Robert from SI

Many thanks for the kind personal and professional wishes.

Damae, touch base with me if you need anything. We've gotten some good press and some better CPM deals are coming in already.