Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2005, 10:59 PM   #1
HenryHeeney

Default 400,000 pageviews, suggestions?

Hey im a bit of a newbie to all this but here goes
My website www.tutorialfx.com gets 400,000 page views a month and is mainly US traffic. Its also quite targetted to computers / internet (graphics, coding, etc). Any suggestions as to what program I should go for? Id be willing to do banners, leaderboards and cubes but no pops.

Thanks for the help guys
HenryHeeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:14 AM   #2
JFS

well...i will ask the more obvious...
have you tried adsense?fastclick?burst?casalemedia?budsinc?
they are or usually are great performers
give them a try perhaps?
JFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:47 AM   #3
My2cents

You might want to research some popular software products out there and perhaps run those offers on your site. Don't rule out perhaps some CPA offers. There are quite a few offers out there that can make you much more money promting them on a CPA then using your ad spots on a CPM/CPC.

I honestly believe it's best to try it all to see what works best for you. Go with what you are most comfortable with and makes you the most money.
My2cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 01:40 PM   #4
HenryHeeney

Thanks for all the replys guys. What kind of CPM can I expect from fastclick,burst,casalemedia,budsinc??
Thanks again
Old 09-01-2005, 08:51 PM   #5
fusionhosting

I tried budsinc for the heck of it with a smaller site of mine and CPM for 2 banners has been pretty poor, $.15-.19. Quite low compared to what I've seen with the larger networks like Fastclick.

Got an email saying they're switching to a new ad system so I'll see what improvement that brings.
fusionhosting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:11 PM   #6
cyburrr
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

I just wanted to say that I really like your site and expect to be reading a lot of your tutorials.

Oh - have you thought about an ad free subscription newsletter? (I use Paypal subscription for a small but steady monthly income)
cyburrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 11:02 PM   #7
HenryHeeney

Thanks for the info fusionhosting Please tell me how the rates are after the switch

Thanks for the kind words cyburrr, hope you enjoy the tutorials. btw I was thinking of having a free weekly newsletter I haven't figured out the best way to go about it just yet.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:51 PM   #8
lisarclaxon

<<Snipped self promotion>>

Last edited by Jan; 09-02-2005 at 04:58 PM.
lisarclaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:55 PM   #9
fusionhosting

Henry,

It's been about 5 days so I took another look. First day of the switch my CPM had doubled, then immediately following that for about 4 days it flattened to the usual sub $.19 region. Apparently the increased efficiency and payout on this new system was meant for the advertisers, not the publishers.

Other than the disapointing CPM, no complaints about the company, they are responsive, and checks do get cut.
fusionhosting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 02:20 PM   #10
Genius
Member.

Talking Hey Henry

I've recently switched to paypopup.com, its pretty good but it is mainly pop unders. I also used clicksor.com on my other website and its pretty good because like you, i get a lot of traffic and what clicksor does is that they can put either text links or text banners on your page.

A text link highlights a few words on your site and users can see it if their mouse hovers over it. I get about 3% of my impressions clicking on them, and it earns me about 7 cents a click,

its not annoying like pop unders or pop ups, and i make a decent pay twice a month..

thats what i would recommend...

-Genius
Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:59 PM   #11
Larwee

GeekGuide

Genius, welcome to Geek/Talk.

I certainly like your username, and I hope you will enjoy being a Geek/Talk member.
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 03:01 PM   #12
Genius
Member.

Cool thanks

thanks for the welcome larwee I will most definately be looking forward to my geekvillage membership!!
Genius is offline   Reply With Quote