Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2005, 12:25 PM   #1
Pilatus

Default Adsense updated

When i logged in i had to agree with the terms and conditions again.
Not sure what has changed

And the interface has changed.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:22 PM   #2
Larwee

GeekGuide

Pilatus, Google has made some changes in their terms
Quote:
Updated - We have made revisions to this agreement in the following sections: 1, 2, 6, 11, 16.
The one change I noticed the most is the one relating to given Google the right to terminate an account that doesn't have enough valid clicks or enough valid impressions during a 2 month period.

There are a few other minor changes in the terms and conditions.
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:24 PM   #3
UncleCaveman

is it weird that i like the old interface more?

Last edited by UncleCaveman; 07-14-2005 at 01:25 PM.
UncleCaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:37 PM   #4
Drastic

Jenstar has a nice breakdown of the changes at http://jensense.com/ .
Drastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:41 PM   #5
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Thanks for the link, really helps to clarify what's been changed.

As for the new look, it may take a bit to get used to it, but from a design/layout perspective, it makes a lot more "sense". The "Advanced Reports" tab looks a lot like the old interface for reports so its not like they removed info. Usually I just log in to check the current day's total so I like how they have that in big text on the 1st page when you login.
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 02:44 PM   #6
Rivux
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

I just love the new reporting screen, its so much easier to get the channel info now, nice work google.
Rivux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:08 PM   #7
castellano

The ability to rotate between different color schemes should be a winner too..... different colors capture the attention of different people so hopefully we'll see an increase in clicks/revenues.
castellano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:38 PM   #8
Pilatus

Quote:
In addition, You agree that while You may display more than one (1) Ad Unit on each Site Web page, You shall not display any Ad Unit on a page that contains Ads associated with another Google AdSense customer (e.g., Your Web hosting company), unless authorized to do so by Google or such other AdSense customer, if authorized.
Means that at any time one of your other ad providers dumps some adsense on your site, without you knowing it, you 'll be banned!
Old 07-15-2005, 12:50 AM   #9
Ted S

Quote:
Originally posted by Pilatus
Means that at any time one of your other ad providers dumps some adsense on your site, without you knowing it, you 'll be banned!
Any ad company that is able to drop ad formats that you don't approve without telling you probably isn't a company you should be working with in the first place.

The changes to the interface are great, as is the sorting options.

The only part of the TOS changes that catches my eye is what Larwee mentioned about minimum clicks/ impressions. While this doesn't affect my network and seems logical, seeing how it's going to be implemented and how people will react is going to be interesting.
Ted S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:30 AM   #10
trabaho

Default doesnt load in my Smartphone

Use to check my stats a lot with my ms smartphone the new changes prevents me from logging in even after I said yes to the TOS.
trabaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:43 AM   #11
Strafe

I like the new cleaner interface. It's a bit graphical now, but still loads well..
Strafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:47 PM   #12
Pilatus

Quote:
Any ad company that is able to drop ad formats that you don't approve without telling you probably isn't a company you should be working with in the first place.
Buds does/did it , at least on the square format.

I have been payed by buds. It's not a top tier network, but hey I can't seem to get in in the good ones.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:54 PM   #13
fireklown

Lots of places do. Buds, RealCast, RealTech, Mammas, pretty much all 2nd and 3rd tier companies have adsense in there somewhere. and I can't think of any off the top of my head you can disable certain ads without emailing the support
fireklown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:48 AM   #14
Czar

Webmaster

That particular term/condition is phrased ambiguously, to say the least. On one hand, publishers might feel that they can't place AdSense code on pages where there is a risk that another ad network might rotate in some AdSense impressions.

On the other hand, the reverse could easily be the case; where the term serves to prevent reseller ad networks from displaying AdSense campaigns on sites that already have AdSense code in place. Second and third-tier networks are potentially required under this new condition to seek explicit approval from publishers prior to delivering resold AdSense campaigns to their individual websites.

Google does have a habit of leaving sufficient uncertainty in the phrasing of their terms to give them room to move, which seems to be the case here.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote