Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2005, 06:48 PM   #1
Steen

Default Looking for affiliate network script that will allow broker

Hi there,

PRENOTE:
Related threads - 1 2
I thought I had an account here years ago, but apparently I was just a lurker

Either way, I am hoping some of you guys (and gals) could help me out here.

I need an affiliate network program (such as affiliate network pro, leadhound, direct track, etc) that will allow the brokerage of CPA offers.

To start the program off, I will be using offers from other programs (say PrimaryAds for example) w/ SUBIDs to track to my specific accounts. I already have some exclusive deals thanks to high volume with certain networks that would allow me to offer payouts higher than the standard direct payouts.

I hope this all makes sense to you Obviously in this case, brokered CPAs would not report real time, as I would need to manually deal with the SIDs. But right now I am not sure which scripts would allow me to do this.

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
Steen.

Last edited by Czar; 08-17-2006 at 08:20 AM.
Steen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 07:28 PM   #2
Larwee

GeekGuide

Steen, welcome to Geek/Talk.

If you were a lurker then you probably have a general idea about Geek/Talk.

If you have any questions about anything related to Geek/Talk please be sure to ask them.

While we like for as much as possible to be posted in public, there could be times a new member might need something explained or has a question related to Geek/Talk that they don't want to ask in public.

Should that be the case with you just click on the pm at the top of this post of mine and send me a private message. I'll send you a reply by private message.

It is good to have you as a posting member, and I hope you will continue to be a Geek/Talk poster.

There are a lot of smart Geek/Talk members. They are also very nice people.

Here is a simple version of our rules as stated by Czar, who is the owner.
Quote:
Don't be too concerned about our rules. While they can seem intimidating at first, only those who deliberately attack others, post spam about their own or affiliated services and those who post abusive, deceptive or offensive content are affected. This allows the rest of our member base to enjoy a largely flame-free posting environment quite unlike most discussion boards of its type.
Whenever you have a question you think our members can answer don't hesitate to post your question.

If you have anything you want to post that you feel would be of benefit or interest to our membership, please share it whenever you want to.

While there is a serious business nature related to Geek/Talk, there is also a place where you can turn and be less serious, and that is geek/yak http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/fo...?s=&forumid=52

Again welcome, and please make the most of your Geek/Talk membership.
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 12:22 AM   #3
Czar

Webmaster

Welcome to Geek/Talk, Steen.

I'm looking at this from a different perspective, but rather than having to deal with brokering second hand offers to affiliates who could be receiving superior returns from another network, why not extend credit to the major advertisers in this space in order to encourage them to give your network a test run?

Since almost all CPA-based affiliate networks accept any and all legitimate mainstream sites that come their way, a network that brokers third-party offers is likely going to appeal only to affiliate newcomers or those who - for one reason or another - have been banned from participating with CJ, PrimaryAds, Websponsors.com, Directleads and the like directly. If you do attract that crowd, an indirect effect would be that experienced affiliate managers and online advertisers would tend to develop a negative association with your brand.

If you are serious about starting a competitive affiliate network, you should have sufficient resources available to be able to extend 30 or 60 day credit terms to advertisers in order to allow them to establish affiliate programs with no upfront deposit. Doing so would build your program base, without compromising the payouts that you are able to offer publishers. As such, you could attract nibbles from superaffiliates who are looking to test a new player, or for whom your payment terms or reporting capabilities are attractive.

Have you yet considered taking this route? If so, what made you decide to broker your competitors' programs?

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 02:35 AM   #4
Jan

Administrator

Steen and I have crossed paths before Welcome to the "village" Steen

Last edited by Jan; 05-31-2005 at 02:35 AM.
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:50 AM   #5
Steen

Quote:
Originally posted by Czar
Welcome to Geek/Talk, Steen.

I'm looking at this from a different perspective, but rather than having to deal with brokering second hand offers to affiliates who could be receiving superior returns from another network, why not extend credit to the major advertisers in this space in order to encourage them to give your network a test run?

Since almost all CPA-based affiliate networks accept any and all legitimate mainstream sites that come their way, a network that brokers third-party offers is likely going to appeal only to affiliate newcomers or those who - for one reason or another - have been banned from participating with CJ, PrimaryAds, Websponsors.com, Directleads and the like directly. If you do attract that crowd, an indirect effect would be that experienced affiliate managers and online advertisers would tend to develop a negative association with your brand.

If you are serious about starting a competitive affiliate network, you should have sufficient resources available to be able to extend 30 or 60 day credit terms to advertisers in order to allow them to establish affiliate programs with no upfront deposit. Doing so would build your program base, without compromising the payouts that you are able to offer publishers. As such, you could attract nibbles from superaffiliates who are looking to test a new player, or for whom your payment terms or reporting capabilities are attractive.

Have you yet considered taking this route? If so, what made you decide to broker your competitors' programs?
To All: Thank you very much for the kind welcome, although I really thought I registered hear years ago. Funny I do remember lurking in the marketplace forum, perhaps I never bothered to register

Czar:

Thanks for the welcome!

Your post was helpful and informative, however I do have two main reasons to go this route.

1) I feel that we can target a niche, whom the quality of offers will appeal to those who are less informed about the good CPA programs (aside form the major brands, ala CJ/LinkShare). This market's main concern is the quality of offers, not so much a $5 payout difference. The cut for us (brokering) would be minimal anyways. Through volume, I know that even with our internal traffic, we can pay others more than the initial payout at some of the programs we are involved with.

2) Over the long term, our plan is to target some larger fish, although to start a system up, I feel we need to grab affiliates first. Resellers don't come without offers, and a large base of direct offers would be expensive (in cost and time) to acquire, off the bat. Once an established ad network, with an affiliate base, the plan is to acquire an array of direct offers, and hopefully some great exclusives.

To summarize:

1) Because I feel that we can still sell them (to a specific market), even at competitive rates.

2) I feel this is the most efficient, economic, start-up move, without the need for outside venture capital.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Steen.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:29 AM   #6
KGP

i wouldnt go to a very expensive solution.

i have started a thread as you already stated regarding this issue. i am in the same position as you can understand.

i believe the only option you have is to go with alstrasoft's affiliate network pro solution -which is extremely similar....if not strangely similar to partnersmanager solution (although i believe the later stole the code from the first...my believe though)-

then as alstrasoft will give you ALL the code -thats what they told me on an email- you can customize it accordingly in order to allow subids to be used and any other optional futures that you want.

plz provide feedback as i am still "investigating" the market, i have still to make a move as i am behind schedule with my other projects on the action plan which caused this project to be delayed too ;-(

if you want PM in order to exchange thoughts and ideas -as i am targeting another geographic niche region -

take care
KGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 02:51 AM   #7
Steen

Quote:
Originally posted by Jan
Steen and I have crossed paths before Welcome to the "village" Steen
Hi Jan,
Thanks for the welcome
Could you refresh my memory?