Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs > Making Money with Regional Affiliate Programs and Networks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2005, 08:37 PM   #1
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Default What to do with international traffic?

Currently I use the following chain:

Burst -> Casale -> CPAs

The problem that I've noticed is that now most of the CPA offers that I've been using are USA only (or at least North America only). Since a lot of the paid banner ads showing are USA only, the CPAs are probably getting a lot of international traffic.

So, what do you guys do with your international defaults? I downloaded this IP-To-Country database thing so that I'll be able to target USA and 'other' seperately. What are some good CPA ads (like Smiley Central or something like that) that pay for international traffic, not just USA traffic?
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 09:09 PM   #2
GSE-Media

I use a combination of mammamedia & banner exchanges for my international traffic that reaches that level. The banner exchange I use http://www.e-bannerx.com has great geotargeting settings and I try to convert those foreign banner impressions into a few new US visitors here and there. (same with pops)

I used to use 7adpower for foreign pops until they stopped paying me . I've also had a difficult time finding CPA offers that accept foreign traffic.
GSE-Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 09:59 PM   #3
thegauntlet

I mentioned a while ago I was trying a new company for foreign traffic. I don't want to mention them and have people signup unless the actually pay...and ontime. I should be getting my first check June 15 so i'll keep everyone posted. I just send them foreign traffic and have an average of 16.5 cent ECPM. This includes traffic to china, europe...even antartica and Tonga (finally something for the Tonga metalheads). The company is a european company that recently setup shop in the US so they have good foreign expertise. They use DART, I know...there had to be a catch. I also haven't had any pops, activex installers or anything like that from them. Tech support has been very helpful and timely on responses. If anyone must know now, PM me. I just don't want to see anyone ripped off. I hope they don't swindle me as I have a nice chunk of change scheduled for payment next week.

**EDIT
sorry...forgot to mention they run 0% defaults. It's a lot of reasons like these that have left me a bit skeptical on the company. Things seem too good to be true. And we all know what that means with an ad company.

Last edited by thegauntlet; 06-10-2005 at 08:26 AM.
thegauntlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #4
Czar

Webmaster

Good to see that the magic of metal is even keeping science geeks warm on their Antarctic stints. It's all part of thegauntlet's seminal geek-to-geek outreach program, no doubt.

Please do reveal your secrets if and when you receive payment from this supplier. It's always nice to have a reliable backup provider or two ready to take care of desperately remnant inventory.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 04:20 PM   #5
OnlineGuide

The following networks do accept foreign traffic:

Mamma
BlueTime
RealTech
ValueClick
RealCastMedia

The following are the ones that have 0% defaults:

BlueTime
RealTech

I think I know which European company you are talking about, just be very careful. Things just didn't add up for me in the long run. Maybe you'll have better luck.
OnlineGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:22 PM   #6
Ralph Slate

I've been showing my foreign (mostly Germany, Sweden, Finland) traffic AdSense ads, and this has been paying me more than when I was sending the traffic to Burst. I can't prove it since I don't have a foreign IP address, but I think it shows ads relevant to their country.
Ralph Slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:41 AM   #7
Czar

Webmaster

For a lot of countries, it does, and often presents ads in the official language of the target nation, which is a huge enhancement.

AdWords advertisers would know how easy it is to geotarget ads to different nations and to direct visitors from different nations to customised landing pages through ad creatives tailor-made to their native language or major psychographic drivers. It's for these reasons that AdSense will become an increasingly powerful supplier of 'foreign' inventory in the future.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Old 06-21-2005, 08:13 AM   #8
thegauntlet

The company I use for all international traffic is Banner Connect. I know a few other geeks use them. I just received payment yesterday in full, although 5 days late. I send them 100% foreign traffic. They do really well with Euro and Asian traffic. I use PhpAdsNew and target everything to US, Canada, and the occasional UK and then all else goes to Banner Connect. The support has been excellent. No active x or pops either attached to code. They are making their own ad engine at this point so hopefully if it works well no more DART!!!
The url is www.bannerconnect.net
Old 06-21-2005, 08:23 AM   #9
Jetronic

thegauntlet, does their version of DART allow you to preview and ban individual campaigns? How is the quality of advertisers? Datafarmers?
Jetronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 09:17 AM   #10
Czar

Webmaster

Thanks, thegauntlet. So far, so good, hey?

Sounds as though the new player on the block is at least worth a look.

Old 06-21-2005, 12:17 PM   #11
blogie

Don't like to disparage a company publically but if you head over to sitpeoint their is a major thread going on about people not being paid by bannerconnect. Not sure if I can post the url. Apologies in advance if this isn't allowed.
http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...=272499&page=1
blogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:44 PM   #12
thegauntlet

I got paid and know 3 others who also got paid. Mine was a few days late as I stated previously and I did contact them. They had problems with some paypal thing that autopays everyone or mass pays everyone so they just did it all manually by alphabet. I assumed I was in the 'G' group which got paid on friday, but i was in the 'T' group and got paid last night. Some of those people in the sitepoint forums just seem a bit extreme. Looks like they don't know what NET-45 really is. NET-45 is getting paid on the 15th, not exactly 45 days later which would be the 14th in some months. Looks like they all got paid though towards the end of the thread though.

Last edited by thegauntlet; 06-21-2005 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:51 PM   #13
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

I tried out BC a month or so ago. I wasn't getting good rates at all at the time (even given that they were getting mostly intl traffic) and that DART system is the worst POS ever, I may try them out again once they get their new system in place.
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 04:42 PM   #14
Pilatus

Quote:
f the web site or business you currently operate receives more than 500.000 pageviews per month, attracts an English-based audience, and is hosted under a root domain ( e.g. http://www.domain.com ), you may qualify to become a publisher of the BannerConnect advertising network.
Are they serious about the 500k page views? I'm like at 50k pageviews only..

Should I try to get in anyway?
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 04:46 PM   #15
OnlineGuide

I'd stay far away from these people if I was you. They are not reliable and do NOT pay.
OnlineGuide is offline   Reply With Quote