Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2005, 10:07 PM   #1
kams7ue

Default Google stats low?

Today I am seeing all my google adsense stats low by around 30% though my site's stats shows the consistent number of visitors and impressions.
Is anybody else seeing this?

regards
-kams
kams7ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:25 PM   #2
Larwee

GeekGuide

kams7ue, as you know with so many AdSense publishers everyone might not always experience the same things.

I am not seeing what you are seeing. Everything seems normal. But, I guess you were hoping to find several people with the same experience to help you feel a little better, and there might be, just as there are going to likely be others about like me.
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:40 PM   #3
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

I'm not usually one to complain about AdSense (it IS my biggest source of revenue, after all!) but as of May 1 my daily $$$ suddenly dipped approx 30% per day, and has stayed that way for the first few days this month. Today's stats also seem to be stuck ... mine haven't updated in the last few hours.

Speculation time: This could be related to Google's change to CPM ads? I've spent a lot of time over the past year increasing my CTR so perhaps Google's optimizing for their new CPM ads isn't quite working great yet?

Or maybe just a 'new advertisers at the start of the month' thing? Either way I'm not too pleased atm but I'll ride it out for now and hope for the best. Fluxuations seem to be a regular part of Adsense ...
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 11:47 PM   #4
ChrisK

My Adsense stats have been stuck for several hours as well.. nothing to worry about most likely.
ChrisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:38 AM   #5
e_d

My adsense stats are extremley low for today, considering my hosting suspended my website.

Oh well, can't do much about it except smile and move on.
e_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 01:29 AM   #6
funtoon

My stats are also stuck for over 6-8 hrs now, I guess its happening to everyone stats are stuck, so no need to worry.

I guess it should be fixed in the next couple of hrs!
funtoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 01:34 AM   #7
zappp

same here -- I'm seeing 30% drop in impressions.
zappp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 01:38 AM   #8
kams7ue

Okey. So that gives a little relief knowing that I am not the only one.

3 hours back, I checked my stats and I was like, why my "number of impressions" so low? Is any of my site down? I checked all and everything looked normal. Thats why I posted here.

But now I can see that what you guys are saying is right. Its is stuck. Coz I haven't seen even one impression in last 3 hours.

So overall, my worry is gone. Thanx.
Though surprisingly larwee is not seeing any change. Are only some accounts seem stuck?
Old 05-05-2005, 02:09 AM   #9
trabaho

Default its def. stuck

Ive been wondering ab out it and notice a big dif. with an increase in my site stats but no changes in adsense.
trabaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 02:18 AM   #10
PageUp

My AdSense stats are stuck too. I was so relieved to see this thread because I did some changes in my ad placements yesterday and I though I did something wrong...
PageUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 02:51 AM   #11
Nintendo
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Argggg! Yep. Earnings are crashed today. First I thought perl might of stoped working on my server, until I saw the ads show up through SSI!
Old 05-05-2005, 03:35 AM   #12
Larwee

GeekGuide

kams7ue, I misunderstood what you were saying when I quickly read your post.

My stats for AdSense also were stuck for several hours but the earnings were pretty good and about what the same as the past few days, so it was actually looking like it was going to be a much better day when the day finished.

But as far as being stuck, I'm going through that just like the other people. I've noticed it is now another day with AdSense and the figures shown for yesterday are the same as they had been for several hours and right now it is showing "no data available." So, yes my account is stuck the same as being reported by the others.

But, I don't think any of us are worried since we know Google will get things cleared up.
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 04:46 AM   #13
kams7ue

I also saw one weired thing with google right now. Google didn't allow me to login into my account for around half an hour. I also tried "forgot your password" link, which said that there is no account with that e-mail address.. I got all worried. But then I thought there is something going on at google end for sure. So I should wait and try again after some time.

I tried after half an hour and google let me in. But still stats are the same as before.

So if you also get that error, just give it a time.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:28 AM   #14
Bondings

Yup, 12 hours not updated for me too! I hope they'll fix it soon. I also began to worry when I saw it.

But it's nice to hear that even google has technical problems from time to time!

Or are they going to stop with live staticstics and only update them once a day.
Bondings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:46 AM   #15
kams7ue

Stats for 4th May are updated and are fine. But no stats for 5th as of now.