Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2005, 11:47 AM   #1
seaguystar

Default please help any good banner program cpm ??

I am looking for a ads company witch pay for placing banners on my web site . do any body know any company pay for banners ??

I want to get paid for number of times the banner show on my web site not per click because no body click on banners those days

I tried fastclick.com but they didn't accept my site .

thanks

Last edited by seaguystar; 04-04-2005 at 11:55 AM.
seaguystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:03 PM   #2
Larwee

GeekGuide

seaguystar, I don't know what your site is or what it is about. However you mentioned clicking and that no one would click.

Have you tried AdSense from Google? A lot of people click on those and publishers are getting some real good results. But, even AdSense doesn't work for everyone.

With CPM, there are limits as well. The networks etc. that have CPM offers want to get results. They don't just want to pay people without any results so they might not accept certain sites they feel aren't going to bring them the type of results they want.

If you would give the URL of your site, assuming it isn't an adult site or any site that would be against Geek/Talk rules or tell what type of site it is some Geek/Talk members might be able to suggest the CPM program that might be best for you.

Here is a link to a previous Geek/Talk thread that gives you a list of several CPM offers that might be of interest http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...threadid=25979
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 07:56 AM   #3
seaguystar

my site address is http://www.geocities.com/addictseaguy2/

as you see its very simple site but I got until now 1000000 visit because my site put a link for a pass proxies sites every day .

I tried the pop ups but seems most people use the anti popups browsers .
seaguystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 08:12 AM   #4
Czar

Webmaster

I do hope that you take this as constructive criticism.

There are three primary reasons why CPM-based advertising companies are not going to represent this site. These are:

1. Proxies - While there obviously are legitimate uses for anonymous, open proxies, these services are disliked by advertising companies for a number of serious reasons that we can't fully explore on a public forum of this type.

2. Geocities - Very rarely will a CPM-based advertising agency represent any site that isn't associated with its own domain. Domain names cost less than $10 these days, but add considerable credibility to a website; while also making it easier to verify that the applicant actually does own the site in question. If you view the "terms and conditions" associated with most ad networks, you'll notice that sites hosted at Geocities are not supported, regardless of how popular they are.

3. Content is King - I might be missing something, but this site seems to consist of one page which contains a single link to a proxy service. Despite that, the page is already loaded with ads, including uncapped popunders, a paid search box and more than a dozen paid affiliate links. No reputable online ad network will accept a site that contains zero content.

I encourage you to spend a few hours skimming through the pages of this forum to see the types of content-rich sites that our other members operate. These are the types of property that have no trouble gaining representation from CPM-based ad networks.

My tips at this stage are, then:
1. Buy a domain name and establish the site with a reputable commercial web host.
2. Drop the proxy concept if you hope to gain support from mainstream ad networks.
3. Build a website that is brimming with valuable, unique content. Think about what are your particular areas of interest and expertise and build from there. If you're a cinephile, perhaps start a collection of classic movie trivia and reviews of much-loved movies. If you are a fitness fanatic, you could possibly find inspiration in providing guests with a selection of fitness plans tailored to their individual needs, along with healthy recipes, lifestyle reform recommendation, etc. Build upon what it is that makes you unique and original and you're certain to find yourself on a more successful path.

Hope this helps.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 09:43 AM   #5
fireklown

as always I agree 100% with Czar

Your BIGGEST problem is the geocities.

I can't think of a single network which will accept a geocities site. Infact every network I have ever signed up with, on of the ToS is "no free webhosts" and 10 times out of 10 explicitly use geocities for an example.

Honestly, you could get a domain name from godaddy for $8 and webhosting with some good companies is dirt cheap. I have 2 dedicated servers from one company, but for 5 of my smaller sites which don't use much bandwidth I use Hasweb. Been with them for over 2 years, and in that time had about an hour of down time total (and was warned 3 days ahead of time, they were working on the UPS and switching to a new DS3 provider) and with them you can get 500MB of disk space and 10GB of bandwidth a month for Less then $3 a month.

If you get the traffic you say, even if you did this, there would be at least one network which would accept you (granted 3rd tier which doesn't paywell, like Mammasmedia or RealTech who accepts almost everyone). But if you did that, then just used the current site, set up a meta refresh to transfer to the new page. It would bring you in at least $100 a month.

However, again, as the wonderful Czar said, I'm not sure any networks would touch a Proxy service with a 10 foot poll. Most are probably going to think your going to use it to **** them (even if your not).

With cheap hosting, and cheap domains, if you make a quality site (or even an ugly site people want to see) it is SOOOOOOOOOO easy to make money in the website game. You might not get rich, but it's something.

Myself, I run 28 websites, don't even run ads on 11 of them. Never expected to make a living off of them, probably could if I wanted to, but don't. Have a real job. the sites are a hobby of things I love, but at the same time pay my car payments, pay my insurance payments, pay my hosting and domain costs, and put a pack of camel lights in my lungs every day, and a 6 pack of Blue Moon Belgian Ale in my belly every night. So over all can't be happier.

So welcome to the game, and welcome to GeekVillage. As Czar said, read through some old posts. this site will teach you pretty much everything you need to know. Lord knows it helped me. I started trolling around here a few years ago, making $2 a day off ads. And through tip and tricks from here have build a network making $100 a day or more just off advice of fellow geeks.

ps: always keep any eye out for posts from larwee. they might be really long, but they are almost always gold
fireklown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:32 AM   #6
Larwee

GeekGuide

Wow!! Thank you fireklown. I always try. Seldom am I a man of few words. But, I will be, just this one time.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:34 AM   #7
fireklown

lol,

Seriously I spend like half my night at work reading your posts. they are VERY in depth most of the time, but pretty much cover everything anyone would want. You can basically knock off 20 othr posts by reading yours
fireklown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:33 PM   #8
mmx

Quote:
Originally posted by fireklown
lol,

Seriously I spend like half my night at work reading your posts. they are VERY in depth most of the time, but pretty much cover everything anyone would want. You can basically knock off 20 othr posts by reading yours
I concur.
mmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:47 PM   #9
Larwee

GeekGuide

Oh my! I'm starting to blush.

I wonder if Czar will read this?

I have several topic ideas in mind that I'll be writing about in the near future. I'll try to make them interesting and informative, but I'm sure some will be better than others.

Thanks mmx and fireklown for the nice words. It is nice to feel appreciated and it helps to encourage me to at least try to do a good job.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:35 PM   #10
Czar

Webmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by larwee
I wonder if Czar will read this?
You know me. I read everything.

Your posts are certainly a highlight of what Geek/Talk has to offer. It's great to see that you're starting to develop a loyal fan club. Maybe we'll have to start offering an officially-sanctioned line of larwee t-shirts and lapel pins thruogh this site soon, if only to quench the general public's thirst for a piece of our favourite son.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:17 PM   #11
Blubster

LOL..

I agree, somebody should think about putting larwee's posts up for bidding in ebay. Except those that you need to add to favourites to read it in several days for size reasons.

Quote:
Originally posted by Czar
You know me. I read everything.
scary!

can I say off-topic?
Blubster is offline   Reply With Quote