Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2001, 05:21 PM   #1
cyburrr
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Question Color schemes

I'm redoing my site - yet again....and have no clue what colours to go with. I know it's really a personal thing....but does anyone have any tips? Right now it's navy blue and peach..it looks ok..but I keep wondering if it wouldn't look better in dif colors....woe is me </whine>
cyburrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 11:15 PM   #2
sdarken

Unhappy

It might help if you gave us the URL for the site you are asking about. The answer will be different depending on the type of site.

If you want some help with your color schemes, have a play with this tool. You choose a color and it gives you all the other colors that will work well it:
http://www.godigitalstudios.com/www/color/
sdarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2001, 09:17 AM   #3
JDF000

Unhappy

If you have Photoshop, here's something I figured out on accident that works awesome for finding good color schemes.. Make a huge image ( ie 640 x 480 ) and "draw" the very basic layout you're planning on using, using colors ( no more than 4 diff colors ) that are close to each other on the color wheel. Then select the whole image and do an Image->Adjust->Hue / Saturation, select the 'colorize' box when the window pops up and it will make the colors in your picture the same hue / brightness / and lightness, the way a color scheme should be. As an example, the layout at www.t50online.com started out as two ugly blues, and grey in the middle where the nav bar is, then I did the above and wallah!

HTH
Justin

BTW, Ignore the text at t50online.com http://geekvillage.com/ubb/wink.gif

[This message has been edited by JDF000 (edited 02-04-2001).]
JDF000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2001, 06:57 PM   #4
cyburrr
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

Thanks for the tips! Beats my method (I use NHL Jerseys) The site's traffic is 90% women - but I don't want it to be all pink n stuff....but the Avs colours gotta go http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif..thanks again for the help!
cyburrr is offline   Reply With Quote