Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2001, 03:54 PM   #1
tomhawks

Smile Site review / search engine question...

I have made a very simple domain name selling site that I am trying to optimize for the search engines. I am not posting it to try and solicit sales. I would like an opinion on the site regarding the way it looks and how it might look to a search engine.

It is at: http://www.domainnamesforsalehere.com

I have one question. I have many of the domain names linked to my showcase at afternic.com -(the actual real urls are forwarded to the site). The urls contain characters like ? which give the search engine spiders trouble. I would like the spiders to be able to go through the whole site. I can't afford to host each name individually with it's own site and metatags. I was thinking about creating a page on the site for each name - for example:

valuedshopper.com would go to http://www.domainnamesforsalehere.co...edshopper.html

This way the search engines could spider the link and get the metatags that i would make for each page. I have heard there is a reverse form of that url that can be used which will rank better in the search engines. Does anybody know what that is? It is something like: valuedshopper.domainnamesforsalehere.com

-something like that.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice keeping in mind that my main concern is search engine ranking optimization.

Thanks in advance and if this post breaks any rules I apologize in advance.

Tom.
tomhawks is offline   Reply With Quote