Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2004, 07:57 PM   #1
MrDrej

Default Pay Per Install

I'm looking for affiliate programs that are similiar to MediaTickets.net and AddictiveTechnologies.net. The thing is, I need a custom .exe to bundle with our program. Any programs you can recommend?
MrDrej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 02:37 AM   #2
theguy

try overpro
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 02:40 AM   #3
fantasia

i've heard about loudcash.com

anyone have experience with them? what do these installs entail? adware? spyware?
fantasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 03:57 AM   #4
Carib

There is another program called Topconverting worth checking out.

Usually these programs install adware, in some cases like addictive technologies they install software that redirects affiliates links
Carib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:32 AM   #5
SWD

i dont encourage people using active x, because the are the most annoying thing ever..

but if you gonna sell your conciousness

then try loudcash.com
SWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:13 PM   #6
nima

Hi cash4toolbar.com seems to have added the option of a custom exe bundle. check them out they pay per install but also send you back traffic and pay you 25% of what the toolbar makes

been happy with their results
nima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:15 PM   #7
nima

Quote:
Originally posted by fantasia
i've heard about loudcash.com

anyone have experience with them? what do these installs entail? adware? spyware?
Fantasia it depends on the program... some of them do indeed hijack affiliate codes but some don't. most of them serve occasional popups as well as a toolbar and a search page. as long as it does not hijack anything or steal data from your computer it is considered adware
nima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:11 AM   #8
codegeek

I'd find a day job before I sink to this level
codegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:17 AM   #9
fantasia

yeh i wouldnt want to ***** my visitors over by offering them active-x. I dont want that to happen to me, so i wouldnt want it to happen to my visitors.
fantasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 02:50 AM   #10
webmoney

There is Yoursitebar which let you build your own toolbar with your links and searchbox and in addition you get paid per install.
webmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:56 AM   #11
Jan

Administrator

I can't believe how many of you are condoning this form of advertising. I have now three times in the last week had to clean up my computer because of this rubbish. And that is just due to checking links in a moderating capacity.
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:59 AM   #12
MrDrej

I understand all your concerns regarding this form of advertising.

Please note that I do not have any ActiveX pop-ups or anything. I am a software developer and I bundle up these programs with my installer. Installation of these programs completely optional however.
MrDrej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 06:13 AM   #13
Jan

Administrator

I don't have activex on my computer, but I have had these "scripts" installed without my knowledge. WinPatrol alerts me and I need hijack.exe to get rid of it. Please don't inflict this on your users.

*makes a mental reminder to never visit your site.
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 01:46 PM   #14
Blubster

There are *very* few companies doing this kind of pay per install program in a legit fashion. Most are purely spyware and hijackers.

I can recommend you MySearch. I've been working with them for almost 2 years, in a rev. share kind of deal. They always pay on time and their toolbar is very clean. If you are thinking about an opt-in kind of install, then the return per install is quite much what those others offer.
Blubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 05:32 PM   #15
john926

I use to promote a few of these programs, but I have stopped promoting them as I have heard to many bad things about them.
john926 is offline   Reply With Quote