Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2001, 08:09 AM   #1
notibrian

Cool html experts what you think?

yesterday i checked out steve's clickquick.com main page html codes to learn more about using tables ... and i am still wondering why steve uses only one table to create the frame(the dark blue outline). from the html, i know that steve uses only one table with 3 columes and 3 rows and trasparent images to create the dark blue frame/outline.

anyway, what i am wondering is that why doesn't steve uses 2 tables instead(one big one and a small one inside it) ... it will save lots of html coding and thus make the html file smaller and load faster ... please correct me if i am wrong ... bcos my sites are using lots of tables and if this is a better method i would like to change all my main pages to this 'steve' method http://geekvillage.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
notibrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 10:25 AM   #2
Ted S

Unhappy

Lots of complex tables with complex data plus netscape = bad results

As for IE users, there's hardly any differance. In truth multiple tables may save you a few lines here and there but using less tables can also save you more code (<td> is a lo less than <table border=x cellpadding=y...> )
Ted S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 11:10 PM   #3
notibrian

Unhappy

Ted,

thanks a lot for your reply ... so it will be loading faster for netscape users and it wouldnt slow down ie users ... its time for me to work on my main pages then http://geekvillage.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
notibrian is offline   Reply With Quote