Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Business Principles > StopScum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 09:18 AM   #1
shadow0290

Exclamation One of GeekVillage's Affiliates is offering bogus software!

I was browsing around The Net-Integration Forums for a while, and I came across a list of bogus program which are supposedly supposed to remove adware & spyware, but they really are adware and spyware themselves. And to my surprise, two of the bogus programs are currently being advertised by GeekVillage to sell these bogus programs for commissions! The list of bogus programs can be found here and the two bogus programs which is being advertised to sell for commissions on the GeekVillage boards is here. See also: http://forums.net-integration.net/in...howtopic=18001
It is from the TopCash affiliate which I saw banner ads on this board. I really hope they can get removed so this can be stopped from spreading.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:30 PM   #2
kevink

Our products do not promote adware and are not adware in any way.

Unfortunately, we ran into an issue with our affiliate program, as an adware company signed up to promote Adware Remover Gold on their Adware & they did it agressively and we found out from numerous consumer complaints. As soon as we determined the cause we shut the affiliate account down & requested that they stop promoting us. We believe this may have caused people to believe the Adware company that promoted adremovergold was operated by us, but we have no association with them.

Last edited by kevink; 07-14-2004 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:40 PM   #3
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Thanks for the clarrification Kevin and welcome to the "Village"

shadow0290,

Please don't hesitate to contact me via our BB Feedback Form and only this Form if you ever have questions and or concerns about how we run things and or any of the numerous Advertisers you see on the Forums. BTW, I'm not an affiliate of any of our Advertisers and never have been in almost 6 years. I use cj. com for fillers and sometimes Amazon. That is the exstent of my current and past relationships with any of our numerous (100+) Advertisers during the last 6 years.

See:

http://www.geekvillage.com/advertise/advertise.htm

<locked>
Old 07-14-2004, 05:55 PM   #4
shadow0290

OK, I am sorry for this confusion. I did not know about what kevink said and I just wanted to alert you to investigate this matter. I am sorry for the false statement, Kevin and Steve.

Sincerely,
Shadow0290
Old 07-14-2004, 06:14 PM   #5
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

No problem. I understand. Apploagies accepted and I wish you the very best of luck.

The Net is full of "half truths" and or very complex issues which can only be resolved with first hand experience.

Please continue to hang out and consider the "Village" the "no spin zone" or as close to it as possible in the imperfect world of Forum based Communities.

Closed Thread