Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FRIENDS: The geek/talk Community > Archives of the best threads
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2004, 12:38 AM   #16
funtoon

Lightbulb

I hate to say but phpadsnew eats some CPU power, I used to use it with the GeoIP features, even on a dedicated server I just use it when I need to only for a few things.

I love the features it has but hate to see that my CPU usage increase by 50% when I server all my ads with it.

PS: I was kicked out a couple of times when my main site used to be on the shared hosting platform, due to high CPU usage, guess what it always happened within a couple of days after installing phpadsnew!
Old 05-27-2004, 12:44 AM   #17
fireklown

I use PHPAdsNew and have never had a problem with it. You can't beat the price, and support is really easy since s many people use it. I've used a few others, like PHPAdmetor, but PHPAdsNew is the best I've used thus far, and probably won't be changing any time soon
Old 05-27-2004, 01:31 PM   #18
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Thumbs up

Great thread gang

You will probably have to tweak:

etc/my.cnf

Your teck geek will understand that this file determines how MySQL is set up/runs. Back it up first and then edit with Pico. I'm sure one of the other geeks in this thread can help with the options or the phpAdsNew forum can.

After the edit you need to restart MySQL like this:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql stop

wait for a few seconds then type

/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql start

HTH