Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2004, 11:58 PM   #1
-TheGame-

Default New here, looking for some info

hey guys, great forums!! ive read a lot of interesting threads here in the past few days, and i really want to have a decent site that people can use, but at the same time i want to have some decent advertising, where would you guys recommend i begin? my site is going to basically consist of forums, and a few other things. thanks in advance for the help!!
-TheGame- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:50 AM   #2
pointsi

As is often mentioned, your best (and often only) bet for advertising options on forums is going to be Google's AdSense.
http://www.google.com/adsense

Most large ad networks frown on the low click-thru ratio of ads on forum pages and thus disallow this placement in their Terms of Service.

Another option is to try CPA ads tailored to your visitors' interests. There are many CPA ad networks which you can find by doing a search here on G/T, or going to the CPA section.

Good luck with your site.
pointsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:10 AM   #3
consent
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Take special care to moderate your forums - filter out vulgar language, etc. Make it a positive and advertiser-friendly place to visit.

Also, entice your forum visitors to other parts of your site. Funnel targeted traffic there.
consent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 09:49 AM   #4
-TheGame-

ok, how about getting things flowing on the site, i havent picked a domain name yet, but how would you go about picking a name? its going to be a well rounded forum with many subjects.
-TheGame- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 02:01 PM   #5
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

I would suggest picking a specific topic, or at least a general theme, for your forum, rather than making very general. By concentrating it to a particular group, it will make it easier to get visitors and build up a community. Generally speaking, you will need to provide some content other than just the forum to get visitors. Like some articles or something else to get people interested in the site ... forums are tough to build initially. You'll probably want to get some friends to come to the forum and start posting, so it won't be empty-looking when people first see it.
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote