Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2004, 07:15 PM   #1
max55

Question selling traffif from traffic building programs?

Has anyone here sold traffic they have accumalated from traffic building programs?

One of the major problem I face when trying to sell my ad inventory directly to websites is that the webmaster r usually very concern with where ther traffic is coming from. New visitors are very hesitant to buy traffic even tho I offer very good rates.
Mostly coz they have been burned in the past by buying traffic from people on ebay who sell 1,000,000 hits for $9.99 and end up using an auto refresh page or some other ****..(really makes me mad to see people destroying the industry like that).

Anyway over the last couple of months I have used my inventory to advertise http://ExitExchange.com and have accumalated over 200,000 ad exposures with them.

I was wondering how much would be a fair price to sell these exposures for? and where would be a good place to sell them.
max55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 07:18 PM   #2
max55

Unhappy

oops sorry steve, I wanted to post this topic in "Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs " my mistake I posted it here.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:20 PM   #3
hobbnet

There are many more variables to determing a selling price for impressions.

Niche
Demand
Out Clause
Invoice / Prepay
Page specific or Run of Network/Run of Site advertising
etc. etc.

With out info like this it is really hard to determine how much you could sell your inventory for....For example, a celebrity site will make a lot less money than a financial advice website.

Also, a lot of it comes down to how good of a salesman you are.

Last edited by hobbnet; 01-16-2004 at 07:22 PM.
hobbnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 09:54 PM   #4
max55

well hobbnet, since the ad exposure would be sent directly from exitexchange.com the buyer could determine the target market.

for example if he wishes to advertise a auto site, he can select the auto catogary and his website will be displayed as an exit popunder on various other auto sites.
Old 01-17-2004, 03:45 AM   #5
hobbnet

Yea, but a website is generally built around a single subject area. Some subject areas can demand much higher CPMs than others. You asked how much we thought you could sell this impressions for, but it is hard to do this, especially without knowing what your site is about.
hobbnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 06:12 PM   #6
nima

Quote:
Originally posted by max55
well hobbnet, since the ad exposure would be sent directly from exitexchange.com the buyer could determine the target market.

for example if he wishes to advertise a auto site, he can select the auto catogary and his website will be displayed as an exit popunder on various other auto sites.
max55 can you e-mail me please? I may be interested in the traffic but I need more details.

my email conspycoinc-AT-socal.rr.com
thanks
nima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 09:25 AM   #7
lookfindgo
Member.

max55 email me webmaster@lookfindgo.com I'll get a link setup.

I'll buy it at $3 cpm unique. No popups or exits off my page http://www.lookfindgo.com I pay every 2 weeks by check, wire or
Paypal.

Thanks

Dave
lookfindgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 05:01 PM   #8
Czar

Webmaster

You're willing to pay $3CPM unique for ExitExchange traffic? You might want to first investigate which sites use ExitExchange, as most seem to be hobby/personal sites looking to boost their traffic a little, without the expense.

IMHO, $3CPM could buy you exposure to far superior audiences than what ExitExchange allows.

But then, each to his/her own.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 05:07 PM   #9
lookfindgo
Member.

Czar I have a long term plan. Traffic can make me money and it can also build name recognition, branding plus exposure.

I'll pay $3 CPM per unique hit for any exit/popup/popunder hits. As long as the traffic does not come from illegal sites. I might be crazy but I have a plan.

Dave
lookfindgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 05:17 PM   #10
Czar

Webmaster

I would say "all traffic is not created equal", but what the hey. Maybe your plan will indeed reap the dividends you desire.

Best of luck to you, and congratulations Max55.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote