Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FOUNDATION: Web Hosting & Domains > Web Hosting Discussion
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2000, 01:20 AM   #1
fatale

Question Hosting company recommendation?

I need a reliable inexpensive hosting company that will allow me to host unlimited amount of top level domains (i.e. more than 10-20) under the same account. Don't need too much hard disk space (10Mb max), don't need too much bandwidth (1Gb/month max), just good connection speeds (i.e. very quick loading pages) and good uptime rating (99.9%+). Does anybody know if company like this exists?
Old 11-18-2000, 06:53 AM   #2
truelight
Member.

Unhappy

I would also be interested in such a thing - very interested.
Old 11-18-2000, 08:58 PM   #3
Tim

Unhappy

Tera-Byte allow me to point additional domains to my site with no extra charge.
Go to IRC.TERA-BYTE.COM channel #tera-byte and ask 'em what the limit is for number of domains pointing to one hosting account.
Old 11-21-2000, 10:35 AM   #4
sterlingbeck

Unhappy

Dedicated Server...30+ domains...for the band you asked for, measly $200 a month, up to $400 or so depending on config band etc...
Mail me at hosts@23d.net if yuo want me to set you up.

------------------
Sterling Beck
23d Networks
Old 11-21-2000, 11:55 AM   #5
fatale

Question

You think I need a dedicated server for that?? 10 Mb of space and 1 Gb of traffic?? Just because I will need to host several domain names?? You've got to be kidding me. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif I found one hosting company that will allow me to host "unlimited" domain names under the same account, but they charge $1 per month extra for each domain. Kind of weird to pay $9.95 per month for the actual virtual hosting account, but then $30 per month extra for domain names. So I'm still looking...
Old 11-25-2000, 06:58 AM   #6
cyburrr
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

I believe Veoweb.net charge a $5 set up fee (one time) for added domains - but they also seem very flexible. I'd email them with your requirements and see what they quote you.
Closed Thread